What bike rack?

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
Just got my first eMTB, a Trek Rail 9... which unfortunately doesn’t really fit into my existing bike rack for my car.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Cheers,

Tom.
I bought a Thule easy food 2 bike . Great bit of kit. It’s on the car I’m seconds. Bike the same. Just lifts onto the tow bar

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
My Thule Easyfold 2 was £479. Shop around.
I considered the Buzz rack but after watching the video its far more faffing around. The Buzz rack has its benefits but for me the thule is far simpler and user friendly.

Last edited:

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
My Thule Easyfold 2 was £479. Shop around.
I considered the Buzz rack but after watching the video its far more faffing around. The Buzz rack has its benefits but for me the thule is far simpler and user friendly.
I agree I looked at Buzz Rack but seemed more to do although I prefer the Velo Compact models they can close down to a good boot fit size. Also with the Velocompact they produce this model for various car manufacturers so if you look around should be able to find for £3-400. I recently bought a sea sucker but sent straight back bike was just too awkward to move and mount on thru axle for one man.

1 Vote for Velocompact cost effective and size - I also love the Velospace where you can fit the storage box that is some equipment but I only need for one bike and one person now.

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
Yes agree, the Velo compact is also a good option. Rather than folding in half, the lights slide inwards to reduce its footprint. I also considered this.
Great thread, helped me decide which I should buy.

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
I went with the Thule Easyfold XT2 and am impressed. I just checked where I purchased it and they are no longer on offer. I did get a bargain at £479. I would also be happy with the velo compact no doubt. I wanted something I could fit into the car once I had reached my destination, both are good for that. Both take a 1300mm wheelbase also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles