Wharncliffe Woods

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Afternoon

Off to the Peaks and Grenoside tomorrow for a long weekend. Anyone know some decent warm up trails at Wharncliffe ? I’m currently sat watching some YouTube vids and they all look steep, rocky and quite scary! There must be some slightly easier trails?

Just need a couple of names of some Strava segments and I’ll find them on the map, thanks

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
For example, what’s the name of this trail that Peaty bins it on ? The one with the large boulder to roll off ? Looks fun

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I love Wharncliffe. Really good mix of trails and rides well all year round!
There's an area known as Wharncouver and this is where some of the easier trails are. If you park at the top between Wharncliffe and Grenoside you can follow the fireroads down to this and there's enough runs to just stay in this area. Some people park in deepcar to save the pedal up at the end.

Strava's not the best here because they aren't the longest and I don't think they are all on there ("Peeping Tom" is in this area though)
The rock roller trail he binned it on runs next to G (climb back up) below. It start's around the B letter and follows the fireroad down to that big rock. You can see a split right at the start of that trail, if you keep left I'd say that's a really good warm up lap, slightly less technical but really fun. The entrances further to the South start to get slightly more technical. The last couple end up with an optional steep bombhole that's pretty big, you can avoid it though just don't go flying in with speed :D
Easiest climb is following the arrows back up

1655446877445.png

1655446966873.png

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I love Wharncliffe. Really good mix of trails and rides well all year round!
There's an area known as Wharncouver and this is where some of the easier trails are. If you park at the top between Wharncliffe and Grenoside you can follow the fireroads down to this and there's enough runs to just stay in this area. Some people park in deepcar to save the pedal up at the end.

Strava's not the best here because they aren't the longest and I don't think they are all on there ("Peeping Tom" is in this area though)
The rock roller trail he binned it on runs next to G (climb back up) below. It start's around the B letter and follows the fireroad down to that big rock. You can see a split right at the start of that trail, if you keep left I'd say that's a really good warm up lap, slightly less technical but really fun. The entrances further to the South start to get slightly more technical. The last couple end up with an optional steep bombhole that's pretty big, you can avoid it though just don't go flying in with speed :D
Easiest climb is following the arrows back up

View attachment 90337
View attachment 90338

Cheers @yorkshire89 , perfect timing as we’re about to leave 👊🏼

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles