Well the commencal finally arrived

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
At last , typical it had to arrive just before mother’s day weekend , on my busiest week so far this year and during the wettest weather , so I’ve only had time for 3 short very wet rides about 30 miles in total . I’ve just about got the suspension dialled , and the tyres tubeless today . Iam Very pleased with the way it rides and quality of finish and components it’s certainly a well sorted bike .
Disappointed that it came US spec with brakes on the wrong sides , bloody dangerous that could have been as I didn’t notice at first , they swap over easily so not a huge problem just annoying when you just want to go ride your new bike .plus the dropper hose was about 2 feet too long and needed shortening, Worth the wait i think it’s a stunning ride

28BF0A99-8D85-49F2-B07E-D160F103AE6B.jpeg

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I preoreded in September and waited over 2 months for delivery. Received at the end of November after a delay. Worth the wait.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Good to know there’s a few around already , have you had any problems , any advice on items we can sort now would be welcome

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Just ordered one today, have you had a chance to get a proper ride in and what do you think. Thanks.
Yes been riding it lots , very pleased with it , it’s a great handling bike and so forgiving on the rough stuff but also quite playful and agile , I can’t really fault it , it’s everything I had hoped it would be . I’ve fitted a larger front chainring 34 - 36 but felt nothing else needed changing .

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Commencal First Dirt with E-Bike Dave.-00-00-08-241.jpg

Just got done with first ride with everything tuned to my liking. I tried with the regular tires which are good tires, but am used to plus. I put on some 27.5x3 Surly Dirt Wizards and the bike came alive. No clearance problems. One thing I was missing from my Bosch Haibike was the EMTB mode which was a game changer for the Bosch. Well I did the latest firmware update and guess what, they update makes the trail mode on the shimano like the emtb mode on the bosch. I was able to do the whole on trail mode. Great modulation of power, from slow to fast, on the ups and downs. The only thing that was missing in the build was no tubeless valve stems. The wheels were taped up though and I had extras that I used. Meta Power gets an A+ from me

Voodoosix

Jul 29, 2018
Va USA
So the 3 inch tires fit fine? I was wondering if 2.8 minions would fit, I have no exp with the high rollers but the igniters on my analog bike seem to be washout prone. It need something for aggressive cornering on dusty hard pack.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
So the 3 inch tires fit fine? I was wondering if 2.8 minions would fit, I have no exp with the high rollers but the igniters on my analog bike seem to be washout prone. It need something for aggressive cornering on dusty hard pack.
Yes, 3.0's fit fine. Me and my buddy have tried. 3.0 nobby nic, trail boss, Surly dirt wizards. 2.8 DHF all fit with no problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles