Weight forward

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Evening people. Been on the ebike for 5 months now. Not done loads of riding but I'm struggling with feeling too much weight forward like I'm over the bars too much, subsequently I've been getting numb hands....any suggestions greatly appreciated

sam

May 1, 2019
australia
I get the day thing from time to time, especially on a road bike. Posture helps a lot, shoulders rolled back, chest up so your not hunched over forwards.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I found I was over the bars a little too forward as well, I changed my bars to Renthal 40mm risers which seemed to put me in the correct position for my riding style and also changed the grips to ones that have support on the outside/back similar to this and I have not had numb hands since.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
A few things to look at - make sure the saddle is not tilted down sliding you forward, want to be pretty level or a *tiny* bit up at the front. Also play with saddle position fore/aft.

Try swapping spacers over to under stem if room, shorter stem, slightly higher rise stem (but difficult with very modern stems), rotation of bars can be altered to change sweep or as above maybe a riser with more rise.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
What bar width are you running? The wider the bar the further forward your chest will be. Narrowing it slightly is another option alongside the others posted above.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
What bar width are you running? The wider the bar the further forward your chest will be. Narrowing it slightly is another option alongside the others posted above.
It's a 780. Just been to the LBS this morning for a shorter stem and narrower bars. See if that helps

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
It's a 780. Just been to the LBS this morning for a shorter stem and narrower bars. See if that helps
I started at 780 myself, but at 5ft9 with relatively narrow shoulders I was getting pain in my deltoid muscles on longer rides and that weight forward feeling on very steep sections. Narrowing it 10 or 15 mm eac side (can’t remember how much it was in the end) sorted out both issues.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Bar width should be at the press-up position.

As others have advised, look at raising the bar height, either by moving some stem spacers to below the stem, or by using a riser bar.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles