Warranty OC2 dropper?

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Hey gang,

just got back from a ride to find my dropper post OS2 on my rise has leaked all its oil out and now I can see it running out the bottom over the motor.

at 11 months old, bit of a worry.. it had been repaired once when the seat was rotating when you put side pressure on it.

also, I looked at the warranty and what does the "wearable parts not covered" mean? Surely nothing in a dropper is "wearable" by any stretch of the imagination?

1677994455900.png

neilo

Jan 25, 2022
Australia
The seat collar "stanchion" seals are probably considered a "wear" item on a dropper. I would certainly request a warranty repair/replace if it's dumped it's oil.

Having said that, an alternative replacement could be a pretty good upgrade. I found the OC2 to be quite heavy, a bit slow, and (for me) too short at 150mm drop in a L frame. I replaced with a OneUp 180mm.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
The OC2 on my rise is a wobbly mess, still works though.
I've serviced our two OC2's and I really like it as a design - - it's super simple, and Orbea list all of the component parts as spares.

if you've got side to side wobble you've damaged the (plastic) guides. They come as part of the service kit and you can see them in the picture here -

The 'uppy downy' bit is a sealed unit (that looks like a car boot strut). If it's leaking oil then that has failed but it's a drop in replacement.

The whole thing goes together without needing any special tools and a complete rebuild - new uppy/downy and seals is less than I've paid in the past to get someone to service a RockShox or Fox post.

Biggest issue on the rise is it's nigh on impossible to reconnect the cable without dropping the motor.

Jdz

Jan 2, 2022
LHC
Good call on the plastic guides, I’ll have to order a set to fix the side wobble on mine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles