Wall hangers

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
I use these.... Amazon wall rack. The bike stands on its own wheels so no damage to bike. also if its in your garage (and you can lift your bike) you can put them higher on the wall so you can walk under your handle bars without banging your head - saving loads of space and meaning the car still goes in easily.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
i use this, granted not hung but saves a lot of space
So this works with a heavy ebike, rear wheel on the floor and atttached to the front wheel on the wall? Can you show a picture?

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I have a clug. Weight is on the back wheel, not the wall.

The first one was size XL. I have 2.6 tyres, so the right size. It felt a bit loose but did stay in there.
Until of course I knocked the handlebars one day, bike fell on the floor. NOT happy.

I spoke to the manufacturer, and they sent me size L. Which is tight but much sturdier, harder to pull out. I don't trust it though, so put some velcro round the back too for a safety tether.

No problems so far with the size L.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I keep my bikes on the ceiling. Totally out of the way, and takes 1 min to get down, or 2 to put up!
4BAF60C8-2DC3-4B40-AFC8-8EB54E2FB5BA.jpeg

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Having bike vertical, like the Klug and others, allows oil to drain into the seals, keeping them lubed, I believe.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I have the perfect space for three bikes, but it only works practically with the tires against the wall and the bikes vertical. So I am looking for a system to hang three bikes side by side vertically. Any ideas? 1 emtb (25 kgs) and 2 analogue (9 and 12 kgs)

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
I hang mine on the wall at work all day by its back wheel. Just a piece of 1/2" round bar bent into a hook, welded to a plate and screwed into a wall stud. Bit of garden hose bashed over the the rod to protect the rim. Lifting the damn thing up there is the only problem... :)
20200918_125805.jpg

Last edited:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
One thing to be aware of, if its a hook you need to lift the bike onto it. I can do this with a 15Kg normal bike, but wouldn't want to with an ebike. For the ebike I wheely it onto its back wheel then roll it into the clug so the weight is always on the back wheel. the kids bikes/normal bikes are on the cheapy amazon hook things.

The steadyracks look awesome but incredibly expensive when x4.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles