Walk this way

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
So after 2 years of believing I needed to hold down the Walk button and the Plus button to use Walk Mode, I've discovered that I only need to press and release the Walk button and hold the Plus button to use Walk mode.
It's so much easier now just using one finger - I feel stupid.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So after 2 years of believing I needed to hold down the Walk button and the Plus button to use Walk Mode, I've discovered that I only need to press and release the Walk button and hold the Plus button to use Walk mode.
It's so much easier now just using one finger - I feel stupid.

I’ve tried using walk mode as ‘cruise control’ going slowly up hill. Guess what, it doesn’t work 😜

(Legs rotate faster so may as well pedal up the hill)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
With the latest update it’s even easier. Gives you 10seconds to hold the + button.

My neighbor use to hate the walk button too. 😁

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
On one of the first test rides I did on an emtb, I dropped down a steep cutting onto an old railbed. I knew that the walk feature existed on emtbs, or thought I did. I had never used it on any e-bike. The bike was a rather heavy CUBE and I could NOT get the walk feature to activate, nor even find the word WALK anywhere. The side of the embankment was too steep and loose for me to push the bike up, certainly too much so for me to ride up. I thought I was going to have to ride several miles along the railbed just to get out. It was made of old aggregate, so 1.5"-2" lumps in size and no fun to ride (I was still in mtb mindset!) Eventually I used the pedals as crampons and see-sawed the bike up the embankment. My shoes were not gripping on the loose soil either which made the whole effort just that, an effort! I was knackered by the time I got to the top. First job when I gave the bike back was to get a walk demo.

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
At least you used it @Darren , I've been pushing, pulling and dragging the bike when facing something I can't ride. Thanks for pointing this out.

windfed

Nov 2, 2021
Piacenza - Italy
I sometime used the WALK button; I found it really uncomfortable to keep the "+" pressed to step ahead... I often loose the "touch" walikng on rocks/mud...
don't you?
(new member form Italy, sorry for my english level).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles