Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image:
voltx.jpg

Product name: VoltX Bifocal Safety/Cycling glasses
Price paid: €30 for 3 pairs
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: I keep buying "cycling" glasses and for some reason none of them ever sit properly with a helmet. Either the arms won't slide in properly, or if they do, the glasses are forced to float 1cm off your nose. Any that I have managed to put up with seem to steam up really easily.

The other day I found a long lost pair of these in a pocket and tried them. Go straight on with either the Smiths Frontline or the Mainline (full face) no problem. Comfortable and no insects tried to speed shag my eyes. That was the "Constructors" - on the right above. So I bought a three pack of "Grafter"s to try out. These came in clear, yellow (low light) and smoked. Haven't tried the yellow or smoked yet but the normal ones also fit perfectly.

They're supposedly anti-mist coated. I noticed some steaming whenever I went slow or stopped but get moving again and they cleared.

The best bit is, they have a bifocal section. So you can see your phone, tiny screws or go for a pee on a cold ride safely :)

You can also get Polarized versions if that's your thing.

The only reason they're not 10 is the three pack didn't come with any pouches.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Product Image: View attachment 72340

Product name: VoltX Bifocal Safety/Cycling glasses
Price paid: €30 for 3 pairs
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: I keep buying "cycling" glasses and for some reason none of them ever sit properly with a helmet. Either the arms won't slide in properly, or if they do, the glasses are forced to float 1cm off your nose. Any that I have managed to put up with seem to steam up really easily.

The other day I found a long lost pair of these in a pocket and tried them. Go straight on with either the Smiths Frontline or the Mainline (full face) no problem. Comfortable and no insects tried to speed shag my eyes. That was the "Constructors" - on the right above. So I bought a three pack of "Grafter"s to try out. These came in clear, yellow (low light) and smoked. Haven't tried the yellow or smoked yet but the normal ones also fit perfectly.

They're supposedly anti-mist coated. I noticed some steaming whenever I went slow or stopped but get moving again and they cleared.

The best bit is, they have a bifocal section. So you can see your phone, tiny screws or go for a pee on a cold ride safely :)

You can also get Polarized versions if that's your thing.

The only reason they're not 10 is the three pack didn't come with any pouches.
These sound like just want I need so will give them a try. I generally use site safety glasses rater than anything cycling branded as great vfm. Cheers. Found these links easily enough. Some have a pouch option.

or

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Those Grafters look great, except I have the opposite problem to what they are designed for. I need no-magnification reading zone but a correction for distance instead of clear. In other words, I'm short sighted. My eyes are also different, requiring a different correction for each eye.

But hey, for £15 marvellous! :)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
what I would really like is a pair of Varifocal like that . most of my "real" glasses hit my helmet no matter how I adjust it
I need to see my phone maps AND where I am going helps!! :geek:

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I may try something like this. I can read my Garmin displays fine but reading the Kiox battery percentage on the title bar is almost hopeless to interpret on the move.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I tried out Toolfreak Rebel bifocal safety sunglasses and they made a huge difference. I can actually read the battery percentage on the Kiox while I'm on the move now. I knew I was trending farsighted but I didn't expect this much of a difference. Thanks @Zimmerframe!

Two downsides with this particular model: There is a noticeable and annoying transition line between the magnified and unmagnified parts, and the lenses aren't replaceable.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Had a couple of rides and so far impressed.They are a little larger than those I 'm used to so still getting used to that aspect but they are comfy and the transition is not too noticeable.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
These will be great with contact lenses for old folk still pretending to ride a bike - OK, me ? Contact lenses make watching the por.. the E-EWS results (?) much harder on the boring climbs….

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Nice one @Zimmerframe Just ordered the Ultimate Constructor version as they sound like just what I need too. Reviews mention the rubber nose pads are the first thing to go on the voltx glasses so I'm going straight in with the super glue ( on the pads not to my nose ) to stop them falling off. How are yours still fairing ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
How are yours still fairing ?
The Constructors seem to be holding up well. They live in a thigh pocket in a bag and get used several times a day. The only thing I've noticed is the inside of one lens is scratching slightly from the end of the arm being pushed back and forwards when they get squashed :)

The nose section seems pretty rigid, maybe if you smashed yourself in the face it might weaken it ? It's not bonded to the lenses, so yes, that would firm it up - but would also mean it couldn't flex, so maybe try them on first.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
@Zimmerframe bought a pair of voltX Constructor Ultimates on your rec and they were great, thanks!
I need reading glasses and distance glasses too. Contact lenses make reading anything impossible, so never sure what to do when out using a map somewhere new, because my normal glasses bounce around too much riding.
These solved the problem, thanks. And they didn’t steam up either 🥳
The reading bit at the bottom is in exactly the right place and doesn’t get in the way of looking at the trail.
Bought some voltX’Constructor Bifocal’ too and the reading bit isn’t as well placed.
At these prices - my Ultimates came with a little bag and are said to have a scratchproof coating - definitely worth a go for old peeps who wear contacts to ride

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles