May 15, 2018
Israel
Hey there ppl of the ebike forum
Was thinking to get my self an e bike
There is two bikes I think off the
Canyon spectral on 8.0 150/160 mm
Or the e sommet vr 160/170 mm
I like the sommet more because of the longer travel
What will be better on aggressive trail /enduro riding?
No review on the sommet yat but the canyon got good reviews for what I know
Is anyone compare the two?
Anyone riding the sommet here and can tell me how progressive is the frame? How it handles in turns?Can it take big hits?
Thanks guys!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Netyb,

No one here actually has the Canyon yet. It seems that there have been some delays shipping the bike. There are a few Vitus owners here though. That bike seems very good from owners reports.

Check out the Vitus thread if you haven’t already.

Vitus E-Sommet VR

Thanks
Rob.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good luck finding a Vitus though, they seem to be sold out pretty much everywhere.

Netyb

May 15, 2018
Israel
Hi Netyb,

No one here actually has the Canyon yet. It seems that there have been some delays shipping the bike. There are a few Vitus owners here though. That bike seems very good from owners reports.

Check out the Vitus thread if you haven’t already.

Vitus E-Sommet VR

Thanks
Rob.
Hey rob thanks for the link
I did read most of the stuf but no clear answers to my questions
How it turns, progressive ext
that why I'm asking here
Thanks ✌️

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
I have had an E Sommet VR for a couple of hundred miles. I'm a reasonable rider despite my age :). The bike is as capable as my Capra on the downhills if not as much fun. The bike is more stable due to the extra weight but this tends to reduce mobility (pick a line and stick to it).

I met a couple of guys with Canyon On's last week on the Old Kilpatrick trails near the Clyde. One had an 8.0 the other a 9.0. They were both good riders and happy with their bikes. Don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Hope this helps, ATB Frank

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
spec wise the Vitus is more gravity focused than the Canyon, I would think of it more like. Specialized Kenevo, and the Canyon more like a Specialized Levo.

I have the Vitus and it’s a beast on downhills and rocky/technical trails. It’s also 2kg lighter than a Kinevo, and lots of fun on the uphills and single track. Like any e bike it tends to plough though rather than skip around, but I find it very manoeuvrable. All e-mtbs require a lot of effort to manual and wheelie compared to a normal bike, but perfectly doable once you have got used to them.

Very hard to find any user (not media) comparisons on the Canyon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles