Vittoria MTB tyres

Albagord

Mar 10, 2023
Tillicoultry
Hi folks, I am not mechanically minded so bear with me. I have had a professional bike mechanic fit two Vittoria tyres to my Cube Proeaction 500 29er wheels, an e-Agarro on the front and e-Barzo on the rear. Mechanic called me to advise there was no TL or TR to state that the tyre were for tubeless set up which I was wanting. I purchased them from Biketart (see link below) I contacted 3 other main chains selling these tyres and they assured me that the tyres were capable of tubeless set up. Vittoria use TNT as a symbol to indicate tubeless set up. I do not see that on the tyre rim or packaging. I had learned on Youtube they were also capable of tubeless. Mechanic fitted Peaty Crossking Mk 2 MTB Tubeless valves and thick sealant. Fitted to rim well but tyres losing pressure since fitting. Any suggestions? Vittoria E-Agarro Tyre

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
The first question I would ask is how much pressure and over what time period ..?
I've a tubeless set up and check my tyre pressures before every ride ..its not unusual to lose 3 or 4 psi between rides which I'm only averaging at once per week on a Saturday at the moment ..
If they are running to flat overnight / within a few hours then you have a problem !
Initially turn the bike upside down ( or place in a workstand pump them up to 60 psi and give the tyres a good spin to get the sealant spread ..if that's not doing it make sure the valve is seated properly ..after that ..take it back to the shop and get them to look at if again ..

Albagord

Mar 10, 2023
Tillicoultry
The first question I would ask is how much pressure and over what time period ..?
I've a tubeless set up and check my tyre pressures before every ride ..its not unusual to lose 3 or 4 psi between rides which I'm only averaging at once per week on a Saturday at the moment ..
If they are running to flat overnight / within a few hours then you have a problem !
Initially turn the bike upside down ( or place in a workstand pump them up to 60 psi and give the tyres a good spin to get the sealant spread ..if that's not doing it make sure the valve is seated properly ..after that ..take it back to the shop and get them to look at if again ..
Aye, mate, these tyres take 35psi max. Only just fitted. Nut on valve is tight and no leaks there.

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
When i place a new tyre it sometimes happens that they are flat overnight. Just make sure that you have enough and good seallant, take the bike arround a lap in forest and its sealt. Only one time with set of mavic wheels there was a small bump on the rim, making it impossable for the rim tape to seal.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I always find a fresh tyre always looses a little bit of pressure with the first dose of sealant. When you add some more a while later it usually then has everything coated and sealed.

Even then its not unusual to have to top up a little bit each ride or so if you are a stickler for having exact PSI.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I had a mechanic pull the rim tape too tight once, causing it to snap/break on the first ride and a flat tire.

Albagord

Mar 10, 2023
Tillicoultry
I always find a fresh tyre always looses a little bit of pressure with the first dose of sealant. When you add some more a while later it usually then has everything coated and sealed.

Even then its not unusual to have to top up a little bit each ride or so if you are a stickler for having exact PSI.
Thanks Andy, found that with the previous Continentals. Bike back with my bike mechanic who will be on top of it. He is going to use wider rim tape 22mm which will come up under the tyre rim. That should sort it.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I've had vittoria e-agarro tires on my previous bike.
When I fitted them myself I had the same thing. They leak air at the tire bead but they seal off after a few days.

Albagord

Mar 10, 2023
Tillicoultry
I've had vittoria e-agarro tires on my previous bike.
When I fitted them myself I had the same thing. They leak air at the tire bead but they seal off after a few days.
Aye Sander, after three days they were holding about 50% of the max 35psi and improving by the day. First time tried so a bit lost as to why they were deflating.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
What’s the internal rim width of your wheels? Should use same or couple MM wider than inner rim width . I tape all my wheels whilst the wheel sits in my wheel jig. Sometimes can go down a bit overnight once ridden it seats the tyres better & keeps pressure

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The carcass can leak at first until the sealant blocks up all the holes.

Have you tried removing the wheels from the bike and immersing them in water? You don't have to put the entire wheel in a huge bath; you can use a washing up bowl and rotate the wheel through the water. If it is anything but micro-leaks you will see bubbles. Rotate the tyre fairly quickly at first to identify any big leaks, then do a slow rotation to pick u bubbles that only form slowly. For really small leaks, of the kind that bleed through the carcass, you will need to use soapy water and brush it on. The leaks should foam the soapy liquid and be easily identified. I once had what must have been thousands of mini-volcanoes erupting on the side of one tyre!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles