Vitus E Sommet on the horizon.....

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
Hello everyone,
Really looking into the Vitus E Sommet, has had some great reviews so far! Not good they seem to have run out of stock at the mo...

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
With the British cycling discount it really is great value and other than iffy internal cable routing I'm struggling to find problems with it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Only issue i have with it is lack of bottle cage, but thats why someone invented Velcro.

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
With the British cycling discount it really is great value and other than iffy internal cable routing I'm struggling to find problems with it.
Yeah I know who! It's only £23 BC membership to get the 10% discount to, that makes the deore version £2800! And XT kit can always be swapped as they're on reduced at chain reaction. My only problem is finance so really tempted by the 0% PayPal finance too

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
Only issue i have with it is lack of bottle cage, but thats why someone invented Velcro.
The VR isn't available right now, just a few XL orange deore versions left. In sure they will be more than enough for my skills though. I have an orange Crush S at the moment

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
Deore version here for me, the yari fork is great and it will take a better ride than me to find the limits of the rear shock.
Ride position is very orange like, aggressive without being too far over the front, really feel like your behind rather than on top of the front wheel but still quick to respond to steering input

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
I'm a lanky 6'3" so xl should be bang on. No VR's in sight, no reply from CRC or Vitus about replenishment of stock either. Looks like it will have o be the orange Deore..... Then upgrade bit by bit.

Mikejacko

Jul 12, 2018
N.Wales
I've been checking stock daily and was surprised to see one in stock last night, could be customer returns so I'll have to give it a once over.

sibot

Jul 9, 2018
inverness
They have had their sale on a lot of other bikes, so build/PDI is taking a lot longer than normal. Took them 10 working days to get mine out the door, and it won't update with tracking number until after it has been picked up by the couriers.

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
Lovin mine!!
IMG_20180723_203552.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rear freehub gave up the tonight, not happy!
Have you removed the freehub and taken a look to see what the cause is?
JUst taken a look and it's a novatec hub so should just be a ratchet ring, spring and pawl arrangement inside. Dead easy to see what's failed when you pull it off the hub.

peteh80

Jul 11, 2018
Preston
Only had a quick try at removing the cassette then gave up for a shower Instead. I'll try in the morning. The bearings don't feel too great either.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Rear bearing went on mine after about 500 miles, but i have the DT Swiss wheels

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
my rear bearings are still going fine (1200? miles). front replaced recently, still smooth but had play. I blame the shitty 15mm maxle design.
Ps. did you shell out for DTs torque caps @R120 ?
I have them on my Hope hubs on the capra but couldn' stomach DTs price for 2 end caps.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No i haven't got the end caps, toyed with getting them but don't see the need unless someone can convince me otherwise - my assumption has always been they only really make putting the wheel back in easier

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
haha... Ebikes don't even have BB shells

it's difficult getting someone who knows what they're talking about at CRC.
They don't need your serial No

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
my assumption has always been they only really make putting the wheel back in easier
pretty much... on paper the increased contact area should increase fork stiffness. not noticably while riding though.
15mm was a shit "improvement" over 20mm. but we're stuck with it now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles