Article Video: Almost a year with the Levo

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Rob is there much difference between your Ergon saddle and that Canyon put on their emtbs? (I need a saddle but didn't get on with the Canyon when I tried it).

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Rob is there much difference between your Ergon saddle and that Canyon put on their emtbs? (I need a saddle but didn't get on with the Canyon when I tried it).
Not sure which one Canyon use? But I really like the SM saddle on my bike.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
great video Rob. I run the 36/dpx2 combo on my Yeti and am looking to add this to my Levo Expert once the 2020 forks are in stock. I run EX511 wheels on the Yeti and was going to put these on the Levo to but might try the 1501's that you are running. Thanks for the video.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I did read about it but decided that I'd give them a go instead of waiting. Not sure I'd notice the difference to be honest!
Less offset equals more “Trail” that in theory should provide more strait line stability. With the speed we usually move around with I do believe the difference is minor. On the other hand on a motorcycle doing 200 kmh it will be like night and day.

Karsten

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I did read about it but decided that I'd give them a go instead of waiting. Not sure I'd notice the difference to be honest!
Rob, are they the performance forks you are running and if so how have you found them £889 vs £1149 so a big cost saving. Checking the video no you are on Factory Forks.

A

Arno

Hy Rob, any Handling & Riding Changes on the Bike with the heavier battery and Fork? Do you notice the more weight in Handling the Bike?
By the way, Like your channel

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Rob, are they the performance forks you are running and if so how have you found them £889 vs £1149 so a big cost saving. Checking the video no you are on Factory Forks.
Less offset equals more “Trail” that in theory should provide more strait line stability. With the speed we usually move around with I do believe the difference is minor. On the other hand on a motorcycle doing 200 kmh it will be like night and day.

Karsten
Makes sense, just ordered the performance F36 E bike Grip fork with my local dealer, so was worth Fox loaning you the parts after all :) now trying to find a DPX2 that fits.

etvedt

Jul 20, 2019
Norway
Perfect timing for this video, looking to buy a new bike and Levo is among the choices. Thanks!

But the video brings up this question for me: If you don't want to spend money on upgrades, does the Levo still hold up to its competitors in that price range?

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Perfect timing for this video, looking to buy a new bike and Levo is among the choices. Thanks!

But the video brings up this question for me: If you don't want to spend money on upgrades, does the Levo still hold up to its competitors in that price range?
Having just bought an expert I would say perfectly rideable and enjoyable in the out the box offerings but personally I always upgrade whatever bike I buy. Couldn’t get hold of an S-Works version but probably would have found upgrades to do on that. ?

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Not really much difference in my opinion
I liked the canyon one but wanted more padding which is why I bought ergon saddle mmmmm think I wasted more money ?‍♂️

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Just bought an expert, and as I have a condition called OUD (obsessive upgrade disorder) I’m going to have to go a similar set of upgrades. Have any of you guys used 650+ size? If so what’s the verdict. 29/650b or both.

Brenny

Apr 3, 2019
Australia
Love your stuff Rob but cant really see the point of reviewing your bike when it largely isn’t what you started with, I have a standard one , good enough for me , and was a big outlay , and was hoping for a review on that basis against the latest puppies out there ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles