Kenevo SL Using Second SL Main Battery as "Range Extender"

nflock

Jun 5, 2023
usa
Has anyone tried to connect a second main battery to the charge port - or more specifically, gotten it to work? I am running out of battery sooner than I'd like with main battery + range extender on my KSL. The bike is close to ideal for me if I can get a longer run time (without having to carry an additional RE). There is plenty of room to fit the relatively small main battery on top of my down tube. I can 3DP a mount to secure it if I can get it working. I tried plugging in a second main battery with the RE cable and the bike wouldn't turn on. I assume the BMS is programmed to recognize a RE but not another main pack. Wondering if there is any way around this.

nflock

Jun 5, 2023
usa
wowzer.... use more eco bro :)

Might as well have a full power ebike if you gonna bolt another battery to the KSL
This setup will still come in lighter than most full power bikes since the main battery pack is so small and I can easily remove it for shorter mid week rides. I like the maneuverability of the SL bikes - they don't feel like ebikes on the descents. The full power bikes I have ridden are definitely fun but feel like a handful in steep, loose terrain, which I see regularly.

At 90-95kg with gear, the SL1.1 motors are just barely adequate with their torque and power limit. Eco mode is completely useless to me. I have mostly been keeping it in Trail mode when trying to do bigger rides, but I run out of juice around 4500ft / 1370m of elevation with the main battery + range extender (only 480W total). I also have an Orbea Rise that has 612Wh with range extender and it is pretty much perfect for longer rides with the RE and shorter ones without.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles