Using Garmin Edge 530 with RM Instinct C70 Dyname 3.0

Slugjockey

Oct 20, 2022
Seattle, WA
Hi Guys - new member here.

I bought an Instinct C70 just a little more than a year ago, and I've ridden the crap out of it. My dealer says I have almost 1,500 miles (2,414 km). I love the bike - it has the best power delivery for the rooty, rocky, slippery conditions we find most of the year in western Washington state. I trust the bike to not kill me in the hairy situations that I often find myself in around here (think mossy, slimy skinnies). More than I can say for the other brands I've tried.

My question is: Has anyone used a Garmin Edge computer with their Dyname 3.0? The specifications for my bike says that it has ANT+ LEV communication, and the Garmin Edge 530 says it can read ANT+LEV data. There are a few programs on the Garmin IQ Connect store for connecting to ANT+LEV ebikes. I'm thinking about the 530, but any Garmin Edge with ANT+LEV will give the same results.

The only ebike specific information that I want for it to provide me with is current power setting (eco, trail, ludicrous - but 1,2,3 would be fine as well) , and battery life remaining. Pretty much what the thumb controller does, but with a little more granular info in a font that I can actually see.

All the other Edge 530 cycling functionality and info will be appreciated as well - I'm not buying it for only it's ebike info display.

But before I drop another $400 on yet another expensive toy, I'd like to know that it actually does what I want it to do. Anyone have any first hand experience with using it on a Dyname 3.0 drive system? I would appreciate any feedback.

-Thanks, Slugjockey

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Since no one has responded, I'm pretty sure it will do what you want. I'm just on this forum because I'm thinking of buying a Rocky Mountain but have a Giant and Garmin 530, and the device reads what settings I'm in, how much power is left, etc, without any additional plug-ins.

Sudastone

Aug 14, 2022
San Jose, Ca
I have a 2019 Altitude C90 and my Wahoo Element was able to connect and display my bike info just fine. The Roam has mapping if you need it and was a lot cheaper on Ebay too.

Kayne

May 3, 2023
BC Canada
Wondering how you made out with the Garmin Edge. I have a 2019 Instinct and the Ebike motion app is terrible. Pretty much have to delete and redownload every time I want to use it. Did you buy a Garmin and if so how is it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles