• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Upgrading battery to increase range...

Ice Reef

Sep 14, 2018
Essex
Here's a question....
Without getting too technical, is my assumption correct that the safest potential way to upgrade a battery (when there are no stock upgrades available from the manufacturer), is to aim for something with the same voltage, but increased amp hour rating?

I've currently got a 36volt 11.6ah battery which produces 417.6wh, which just doesn't give me the range I want given the tyre set up (and weight) I am running.

It looks like Fischer supply a 14.5ah version of the same battery, which obviously produce 522wh, which is a major improvement.
Do you think this would work, or would the controller not cooperate?

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
The experts will be along later;-) but as I understand it you are correct, if the voltage is the same then you should be good. I have a shed load of Lion battery drills and grinders, A/hrs of the batteries are all over the place but the machine does not care. The only thing I would double check(if you can) is the maximum discharge rate is at least the same as your old one. Some batteries have a higher capacity but a lower discharge rate which when exceeded can cause overheating.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles