Levo Gen 2 Upgrade to zeb ultimate 170 it’s it overkill ??

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Thinking of changing the fork on the levo from the lyrik 160 select to a zeb ultimate 170mm
Would this be overkill ??

I am not an aggressive rider just looking for a nicer upgrade

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
you could always upgrade your lyrik to the ultimate.
change the air spring unless its already done, its a worthwhile upgrade for sure. the 160 is here: RockShox Air Spring Upgrade Kit - DebonAir C1 LYRIK/YARI A1+ (2016+) | Tredz Bikes
then just install the ultimate damper the RCT2 - Rock Shox Damper Upgrade Kit - Charger2.1 Rc2 Crown High Speed, Low Speed Compression (Includes Complete Right Side Internals) - Lyrik B1+/Yari A1+ (2016+): Black Lyrik B1+/Yari A1+ ( £261.99
its worth it and a third of the cost of a zeb ultimate..
I did this on my lyrik and it really does transform the performance, better low speed, far great mid stroke support that makes it feel like you have more travel than you actually do.
of course, if you have loads of money, get the zeb but 160 is the max travel the levo allows before you are voiding your warranty

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Thinking of changing the fork on the levo from the lyrik 160 select to a zeb ultimate 170mm
Would this be overkill ??

I am not an aggressive rider just looking for a nicer upgrade
Jan 2022 alloy Trek Rails. Moved my upgraded Pike Ultimate (160mm air spring) to my wife's bike, and now have 160mm ZEB Ultimate A2 (MY23) on my bike.

Cannot fault them, soak up rough ground vibration so well that my arthritis no longer complains (I'm a grandfather), and the increased stiffness makes the front easier to control when travelling fast downhill over rough stuff.

But ignore the Rockshox/SRAM Trailhead air pressure recommendation, it is far too high!

Edit: Jan 2022

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles