Levo Gen 2 Upgrade rear shock for Levo

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Wondering if you guys could give me some advice

recently changed my front fork to a lyrik ultimate and love it

now it time to sort the rear shock out so I am running the standard rockshox that comes with the 2020 Levo , but fine it lack support and generally feels weak

I am not a huge down hill racer and the bike pretty much stays on the ground at all times !!! So basically looking for a upgrade that going to give better support and feel rather then say something that you fast downhill rider uses

any suggestions or advice greatly Appreciated

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area

keep the air and get one of those. I did and I'm glad!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have the Levo Comp 2019 and like you have changed the forks to a Lyric Ultimate 160mm 2021. I have just changed my shock to the Fox DPS Performance Evol. The shock provides a 3 position selection for LSC.....you can go one stage further with LSC adjustment, plus of course kashima bling, if you go for Factory model. Personally I did not think the extra £ for the factory model was worth it.
The main difference I have noted between the RS Deluxe that was on the bike, and the DPS, is that I can run with a greater pressure to avoid bottom out without sacrificing small bump compliance....especially in open mode. I find the "medium" mode useful for climbs on fireroads but that is about the only time I run the shock in anything other than open mode.

kwolfkill

Jan 17, 2021
Washington, USA
Despite being a big fan of coil shocks, I've been very happy with the 2021 Fox X2 on my 2021 Levo Comp. Combined with a Fox 38 Ebike 160, this combo retains a similar overall character to the stock Fox suspension, but adds an extra degree of comfort, control, and composure. I feel like I can charge a harder in technical terrain, as you would with a coil, while retaining some of the playfulness of an air shock.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Why would you recommend a coil on a levo when specialized tells you not to put a coil on due to the frame design and the manufacturers are also telling you they are not recommended or warrantied if used on levos
Have you tried a Push Eleven or Ext on a Specialized bike before?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
If you don't run downhills or jump, air can is good to you. And you don't weight over 100 kg

RS Super Deluxe Ultimate or Fox DPX2 or X2. Even the Fox DPX2 Performance is a good choice.
The more expensive versions have better adjustments for low and high speed.

NorCalLevo

Jan 9, 2020
Redwood City, California

keep the air and get one of those. I did and I'm glad!

How was installation? Did you need a bearing press or just undo some bolts? This looks like something I would be interested in

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Personally I would try a Meg Neg can conversion on the existing shock, set up and installed by a pro should come in at about £100. They would also set the shock up properly for you.

Good way of seeing an improvement in the suspension without spending serious money.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Personally I would try a Meg Neg can conversion on the existing shock, set up and installed by a pro should come in at about £100. They would also set the shock up properly for you.

Good way of seeing an improvement in the suspension without spending serious money.

Yes I was reading about this today Seams like good upgrade

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
There one for sale on eBay which says 47.5 mm - 55mm so I assume that fits the Levo shock as that’s 52.5 mm ????

could anyone confirm this

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles