Upgrade Fork travel - 2022 Cube reaction hybrid 750SLX 29er hardtail

mrjamieholloway

Apr 24, 2023
Germany
Hi all, I'm curious about upgrading the fork on my Ebike in the near future. The bike comes standard with a Fox 34 AWL with 120mm of travel as standard. From what I understand, this is a fork that is designed for light single track. I think the offset on the fork is around 46. The Head angle on the bike is 67.5 degrees, and the seat tube angle is 74 degrees as standard. I'm looking to increase travel to around max 140mm. In theory I know that the increased travel will affect the Geometry, but I'm not sure if it's within the constraints of that specific frame? . I also know I need to pay attention to things like the eye to eye on the fork. As far as I am aware fox forks generally have a slightly longer eye to eye than rockshox forks with similar travel, but I could be wrong. I was thinking Rockshox Pike ultimate with the new charger damper. I have done this type of upgrade before, but on my normal MTB, 2018 Marin Bobcat hardtail with a 68 degree head angle and 74 degree seat tube. I increased the travel from 100-120, and to be honest I didn't really feel the impact on my geometry. Any Thoughts? My logic tells me this upgrade is within an acceptable range?

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
It seems unproductive to increase suspension travel on a hardtail. If the tracks you ride on are rough enough to benefit from better forks, wouldn't you get a lot more benefit from a dual suspension bike? Maybe save you cash and keep your eye out for a deal on a dualie?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles