Upgrade a decoy 29 core 2 or get a core 4?

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
So as in the title, I'm thinking of getting a decoy 29, my original idea was to buy the core 2 and potentially upgrade the suspension and etc, but I just realized the core 4 has a better fork and shock for only 700 more.

Any help would be appreciated

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm in a bit of the same boat, but the Core4 has pretty much all the stuff I'd upgrade to. I'm also looking at Norcos, and it is the opposite, where the higher-end model isn't what I'd ultimately want, so I'm likely going base.

Now my friend argues with me, and he has a point. The low-end Norco spec I'm going to have a hard time selling the forks, while for the higher-spec bike, I'd sell that fork for almost store price in days.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I'm in a bit of the same boat, but the Core4 has pretty much all the stuff I'd upgrade to. I'm also looking at Norcos, and it is the opposite, where the higher-end model isn't what I'd ultimately want, so I'm likely going base.

Now my friend argues with me, and he has a point. The low-end Norco spec I'm going to have a hard time selling the forks, while for the higher-spec bike, I'd sell that fork for almost store price in days.
Yeah and after reading some reviews I've had a look at the vitus esommet vrx and it is extremely tempting

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles