Unno Boos EMTB

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This is the first bike with a Bosch motor that actually tempts me.

also finally an EMTB which has integrated the Bosch display into the top tube - been done before on commuter bikes but taken a while for someone to do it on an EMTB.

for once a Bosch bike that doesn’t look like a dogs dinner of wires, controller’s and displays!

high expectations for this given Unno’s rep

B93D9188-618C-4A53-AFD7-FEB627CE5541.jpeg

639B4329-1464-4338-A3AA-70C1FCB94EFE.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
that looks great and the price is about right but... integrated handlebars are just horrible, I think im the only one that actually likes the 'perceived untidiness' of hoses and cables.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Looks nice..and kind of similar to Kellys Theos I think.

As CGI artist my first thought was (when seeing the lowe-res images attached here, without clicking through) that the renderings don't do it justice perhaps.. but those are over-processed photos lol and it looks lot more stunning when looked in higher-res.

It has the "fast when standing still" look that looks most attractive at dynamic angle... the egyptian side ortho is somewhat jarring with that seat-tube column Cero loves to design so much.

It's 10k Euro (inc. VAT) is for whole build? If so it puts Specialized to shame :- D That's great deal for what you get in craftmanship + parts.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
that looks great and the price is about right but... integrated handlebars are just horrible, I think im the only one that actually likes the 'perceived untidiness' of hoses and cables.

You effectively get them thrown in for free, otherwise Cero designed handlebars by Gemini cost 650 Euro alone. You can always swap right away for any 140 Euro carbon handlebar on market and sell these (they probably can be used without the "stem" part that takes in cables).

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You effectively get them thrown in for free, otherwise Cero designed handlebars by Gemini cost 650 Euro alone. You can always swap right away for any 140 Euro carbon handlebar on market and sell these (they probably can be used without the "stem" part that takes in cables).
ah yea? I kinda assumed that they were the same as the focus ones where it was a massive PITA and involved buying more than just bars and a stem.. I like high rise bars usually at least 40mm

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Aren't they the Spanish lot who get on every channel's bike of the year list but no one's ever seen one because they make about 50 per year?

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Aren't they the Spanish lot who get on every channel's bike of the year list but no one's ever seen one because they make about 50 per year?

That's bit under-selling them, UNNO was basically his (owner's) pet project. His studio did plenty of other work and designed some of the nicest bikes for Mondraker, Intense and many other brands.

There is nothing like the craftmanship in the carbon layup of his frames. It's niche for those who want that. Plus, hand-made in Europe.

Looks like they want to change that though, and probably will go more big production with the revamp.
(according to above linked article have 90 employees now)

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Looks nice, no lightweight though at 23kg, but does because it looks cool, that’s 20kgs to the tyre kickers. :cool:

I would say it's definitely light-weight when compared to similar specs and weighted by same outfits (in this case E-MTB mag) though:

Levo S-Works S4 stock: 22,1 KG vs Unno S2 (same size basically) 22,7 KG

That's just 600 grams, but if you take into account the wheels (1650g vs 2100g) and tyres (2x1000g vs 2150+2200) you would come up with 200 grams lighter for Unno. And that's still with heavier Casette and Cranks (+250g in total).

I am pretty sure this frame is as light as was possible. Sub 22KG is possible for those who would up-scale it to S-Works style build. Levo also gets close to 21KG only with lower battery.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Ok.

It's heavy compared to any SL-bike. It's light-weight when compared to any full-fat at comparable specs. Same level as recent SCOR and Kellys. What 720W full-fat is lighter ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Not lightweight in this universe. I'm sure it's lovely & stans gonna stan.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It’s a good showcase for Bosch so I would have though they where happy to supply - deforest the best integrated and arguably looking example of the Bosch sytem on an EMTB

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
I was actually surprised at the pricing - silly money but actually quite reasonable compared to some similar offerings
Why are so many people fixating on the price, compared to Forestal, Specialized, Yeti, Trek etc this is competitive given the level of specification and craftsmanship, or is it because it's not a big brand it must represent poor value, the only downside, if you can call it that, is that they have moved production from Barcelona to Asia
I was actually surprised at the pricing - silly money but actually quite reasonable compared to some similar offerings

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
This is the first bike with a Bosch motor that actually tempts me.

also finally an EMTB which has integrated the Bosch display into the top tube - been done before on commuter bikes but taken a while for someone to do it on an EMTB.

for once a Bosch bike that doesn’t look like a dogs dinner of wires, controller’s and displays!

high expectations for this given Unno’s rep

View attachment 86193

View attachment 86194
First ride review is on ebike-mtb.com

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Finally, I've done a ride on a Boös Race! Will keep riding it this week. WIll be a couple of weeks before the review is done. Some ride footage on a YT channel I rarely use.

Last edited:

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Holy crap, Batman! Drool worthy Moto. Can only dream about the S3 when it comes out. First integrated stem/HB that would actually fit me without modifications. Hey Cesar, how about a vacation in Kona and bring one over with you. :LOL:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I keep wondering when this will hit the US market. I am either shopping this or an Orbea Wild M-Team, and I kind of like the looks of this better!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles