UK Ebike Road trip idea's?

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi all
Me and a couple of mates all have levo's now and have the last week of June off work. I have a my camper so going to do a road trip down south so looking for ideas of where to ride.
Rough plan is start a swinley forest and then head down the M4 as we have a campsite booked just out side Bristol on the first night then on to Bike park Wales and Afan.
Anyone have any hidden gems we need to ride as we have 5 or 6 day to play with.
Camper is prepared and ready to go, if you see us come and say hi.

20180315_185249.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sounds epic!

Might be worth doing Surrey Hills if you can before heading down the M4. A bit in the other direction but it’s a good ride.

Forest of Dean too as you’re down that way.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
There's easily a couple of days riding in fod if you have someone that can show you the off piste.

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
Sounds epic!

Might be worth doing Surrey Hills if you can before heading down the M4. A bit in the other direction but it’s a good ride.

Forest of Dean too as you’re down that way.
Well we made it to swinley today and had a great ride and it was great to bump into Rob for a few mins in the car park ??, now sitting in a pub out side Bristol heading to Wales in the morning.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Well we made it to swinley today and had a great ride and it was great to bump into Rob for a few mins in the car park ??, now sitting in a pub out side Bristol heading to Wales in the morning.
Great to meet you chaps, hope you enjoyed Swinley and have a great rest of your trip. (y)

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
Well what a trip that was 4 days riding at some of the uk's great riding spots.
1st stop was Swinley Forrest on are way out of London. I can't believe I have never riden there as it's only a hour from my home. We spent a good couple of hours racing round the marked trails and had a great warm up for what was to come for the rest of the week.
Screenshot_20180630-141729_Strava.jpg

The next day was a stop at Cwmcarn in South Wales to ride both trails there, unfortunately due to forestry work one trail was closed.
We made 3 laps of the twrch trail. I haven't ridden this trail for 15 years and had forgotten how much fun this is.
3 laps was about 45kms and 1500m of climbing and we all had battery left at the end.
20180627_150924.jpg
20180627_172935.jpg

Next day we moved on to Bike Park Wales. The uplift was fully booked so we brought tickets to ride up only, to my surprise we beat the uplift to the top riding the beast of burden trail with this taking 25min on the Turbo Levo. We rode most of the park but stuck to the blue and red trails as we had a guy with us not that experienced on a mtb and we all wanted to ride together.
In the end we worked out we had made 5 ups and downs of the park and had a great days riding.
20180628_120455.jpg
IMG-20180628-WA0002.jpg

On to the last day we headed to Afan again in South Wales. We stayed in the campsite and the base of the trails. We headed out on to the White trail loop a 15km trail of some of the most fun riding I have done, very nice tech climb to start then in to some lovely pine Forrest. This was all great flowing single track with some nice table top jumps thrown in to the mix.
I only managed 1 lap hear as after 4 days of solid riding my legs said no more.
Screenshot_20180630-143615_Strava.jpg

It was a wicked 4 days riding, the sun shines all week and we all made it home in one peace. I managed to charge my bike from my inverter and solor panel in my camper so that worked great. The only mechanical we had was a flat tyre so all in all a perfect weeks riding.
Thanks to everyone for there input on where to ride as I will be doing another trip later in the summer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles