Tweed Valley . Saturday 11.3.23.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Starting from the small car park in Traquair ( on the Southern Upland Way ) ..it's free!
Gypsy Glen / Cardrona / Orchard Rig ..and if range allows Minch Moor & Caddon Bank to finish
It's a great ride the highlight for me being the drop down to Peebles ( Fairy Glen ) on the Old Drove Road ..For those who like a map ..I will post later with a more detailed route description ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Screenshot_20230308_150537_Outdooractive.jpg

Map 1( above)
Starting in Traquair turn right just before Kirkhouse and follow the road to its end in the Glen Estate.
Screenshot_20230308_150700_Outdooractive.jpg

Picking up the Old Drove Road we follow this around Kirkhope Law & Kailzie Hill as it drops down Gypsy Glen into Peebles .
Screenshot_20230308_150726_Outdooractive.jpg

The next section involves a bit of road riding on the B7062..but there is an excellent cafe on the main street in Peebles should anyone fancy a cuppa +..bikes would be safe too ..
Back to the route on the B7062 for roughly 5km to turn right at Kirkburn into Cardrona Forest ..
Screenshot_20230308_150808_Outdooractive.jpg

Following the forest road south all the way through to link up with the track taking us over Orchard Rig and back into the Glen Estate ..from there back to the carpark at Traquair before deciding whether range and / or tired legs wish to follow the Southern Upland Way to where it links up with the Inners red route and climb / descend Minch Moor / Cadon Bank to end ..
Screenshot_20230308_150842_Outdooractive.jpg

I've got the route at roughly 16miles without the end circuit of Minch Moor which is difficult to calculate ..
Edit : As of now I'm also suffering from a bit of a cold ( actually severe man flu but I'm trying to play it down ) ..hoping that everything is OK by the weekend 👌

Last edited:

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Just driven up from Liverpool and the roads are fine. Looks like only been light snowfall in Scotland so far this week.
Looking forward to the ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles