Turbo Levo Hardtail Comp 29 (2020) and Garmin Edge Explore

bronces

Sep 11, 2019
France
Hi,

As it has been explained elsewhere in the forum, the cadence rate is very important to obtain a fine assistance.

I bought Garmin Edge Explorer and I am disappointed since I cannot obtain this information in adding appropriate sensors.
  • ANT+ (speed + cadence)
  • Or e-bike
Speed is ok .
Is it a bug? Or did I miss something ?

Additional question : the bike is connected to the phone (Mission Control); the bike is also connected to the GPS; and the GPS is connected to the phone. Is there any problem with this configuration?

Thanks for your help.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
My advice to you is to get hold of a Garmin cadence sensor and mount it on your crank arm, it’s dead simple and only cost a few pennies. Then pair it to your Garmin headunit and you are good to go. My experience with Levo and ANT+ is that it is questionable at best.

Karsten

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
I bought Garmin Edge Explorer and I am disappointed since I cannot obtain this information in adding appropriate sensors.
  • ANT+ (speed + cadence)
  • Or e-bike
Speed is ok .
Is it a bug? Or did I miss something ?

Additional question : the bike is connected to the phone (Mission Control); the bike is also connected to the GPS; and the GPS is connected to the phone. Is there any problem with this configuration?
Do not use e-bike sensor.
Search for the combined speed/cadence sensor. Your Levo should be found and transmit speed and cadence.

No problem to use Mission Control while your phone is connected to your Edge, too.

Edit:
I don‘t know if your Edge Explore is capable to connect to a power-sensor. If so you can search and connect your Levo as power-sensor, too. The power-sensor transmits not only power but also cadence.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles