Levo Gen 3 Turbo Levo Gen3 - Garmin/Wahoo - Unrestricted

mvdh

Jan 1, 2022
Belgium
Hey Everyone,

I have a Levo comp carbon gen3 and i want to remove the restriction. Now i have a wahoo but i now from my vado that speed isnt correct when it have the planet3 deristrictor. Wahoo istn helpful for a solution ( allready bought a speed sensor etc.. ).

So my question is to the garmin owners, can you get the correct speed with gps signal or a speed sensor when the bike is derestricted?

i want to use battery status, mode, power and cadans from the levo.

and what is the best option for derestricting? Planet3 or levociraptor?

tia

Last edited:

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Yes, I have a Garmin edge 520 plus and it gives GPS speed, link it with ebike field and you can also have a screen that will show speed, gear, miles, elevation etc etc, levociraptor is the way to go to derestrict or if your Levo is older Blevo may work. 👍🏻
edit….I see it’s a gen 3 so don’t think Blevo will work.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I see it’s a gen 3 so don’t think Blevo will work.
As @Howz says, Blevo won't work with a Gen3, if you did plan to use it in the future and also the levociraptor, which can also give lots of additional data, doesn't do that on the Gen3 apparently.

There is some de-restriction talk in this thread which might give you some ideas/more knowledge.

mvdh

Jan 1, 2022
Belgium
Yes, I have a Garmin edge 520 plus and it gives GPS speed, link it with ebike field and you can also have a screen that will show speed, gear, miles, elevation etc etc, levociraptor is the way to go to derestrict or if your Levo is older Blevo may work. 👍🏻
edit….I see it’s a gen 3 so don’t think Blevo will work.

thx for the answer, so you can use gps speed even if the levo is connected? When my wahoo is connected with my levo, it always use the Levo speed. So the speed en distance is wrong. Planet3 magnet is speed divided by 3.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Yes, also install Garmin ebike field app that was developed by a member on here 👍🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles