Turbo Levo Gen3 battery harness

Jan 17, 2021
London
Hi all.

My Gen3 Turbo Levo is dead. Had a rock strike on the under side, a mark but no actual damage. What I have noticed is on the battery harness that plugs into the battery, there is now only 3 visible brass/gold pins, the battery has four. My girlfriends Gen2 Levo has 4 on the prior battery harness.

Wondering if someone could check the number of pins on there Gen3 harness for me before I order a new one?

Thanks

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I noticed that too when comparing my gen3 to my gen2 (only 3 pins in the plug vs 4 on gen2). Seems to be normal.

The reason why I even noticed it was my bike wasn’t turning on about a week after purchasing. There was a small piece of steel wire magnetically held in the socket that apparently shorted out the TCU. The shop replaced the it under warranty and said 3 pins is now correct when I asked. Must be since the bike has been good ever since.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Why not bring it in for a possible warranty repair? From your description it doesn’t sound like you did anything out of the ordinary. These things should be able to take a hit to the underside covers/bash guards and keep going, especially since yours isn’t physically broken.

Jan 17, 2021
London
Why not bring it in for a possible warranty repair? From your description it doesn’t sound like you did anything out of the ordinary. These things should be able to take a hit to the underside covers/bash guards and keep going, especially since yours isn’t physically broken.

Yes might need to do that, the issue is I am currently out in the Alps not in country of purchase…so trying to not lose days/weeks and be out of riding…

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
On my gen2 the bike didn’t turn on when wet after a motor replacement. I removed the four screws holding the left motor cover and pulled it back just enough to see the main cable sheathing was damaged allowing water in and shorting it out.

Since your issue started with a bash down there maybe you can do the same to look for anything amiss like a loose connection. You could also remove the crank arm to remove the cover completely. Do this by turning the 8 mm hex anti-clockwise which pulls it off. It’s got a locking taper so you’ll want a longer/stronger hex drive than the mini one in the Spesh multi tool.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles