Turbo Levo Comp adding a display?

flyfishsick

Mar 8, 2023
usa
Hi!!! i'm new here and this is my first post.
I'm thinking about getting my first emtb and i'm thinking about getting a Turbo Levo Comp? i took a test ride and liked everything about it except one thing the display !!!! The display is very basic compared to other bikes? Without spending a Fortune on the top models to get the Mastermind TCU display ( which is very nice ) is there any other add-on to get so info like speed, distance and battery range? Looking for something small and discreet? I see that the German used to work with the turbo Levo, but it seems like they are having some problems after the new updates? i have aways used a small cateye on my other older bikes.

So what is everyone using nowadays? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!!!

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Hi, Have a look at the BLevo app…..see there’s a couple of demos of it on youtube….can’t say I’ve navigated into those waters myself, yet though…be interesting to hear off others on their thoughts!

PDXRooster

Nov 4, 2022
Portland, OR
Wahoo Bolt/Roam with a stem mount is better, easier, tidier...
1678394614290.png

Gyro

Jan 5, 2019
Auckland NZ
These bike are so much fun you won't have time to look at the display.
I've run Blevo in the past but now I just look at the data on Trailforks post ride. Don't get get caught up on the tech altho' it is tempting just because you can.

flyfishsick

Mar 8, 2023
usa
thank you for all the info!!!
i think i read that the new update that Specialized has pushed has killed all the 3rd party apps to the garmin and wahoo??? at at least that's what I'm reading on garmin's website from the review page??? Can anyone verify that there Garmin still works with the new update from Specialized???

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
thank you for all the info!!!
i think i read that the new update that Specialized has pushed has killed all the 3rd party apps to the garmin and wahoo??? at at least that's what I'm reading on garmin's website from the review page??? Can anyone verify that there Garmin still works with the new update from Specialized???
I have read similar. I am new here and looking at getting the Levo Comp Alloy given spec/price savings over the carbon version. I know the alloy version misses out on the more advanced Master Mind TCU, but if I can get it to work with my Garmin 530 which I already have an use on my analogue bikes, this would work well. Hopefully if the new update from Specialized did kill the connection, it will get resolved quickly by Specialized and the other parties.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
I just use my garmin vivoactive watch. Speed, distance, time, heart rate all work independently of the TCU so i can ride any bike with it. Plus it syncs with Strava at the end of the ride and uses way less battery than my phone does. The only thing its missing is cadence but i can live without that.

Derek carter

Nov 20, 2022
UK
Yeah, I'm running Gen1 Kenevo, just really want to see the very basics so rolled my own display:
Served my well, seems stable enough, useful to in making adjustments to support levels on the fly, but still think I should add a set of pre-set support levels as it's a bit fiddly to set on the trail.
Looking into a few options for devices ... here is the original DEV setup:
A screen and a micro processor, but now these combined modules I'm playing with are cheap as chips ...
LILYGO T-Display-S3 circa 14 pounds, probably a bit to big a screen for my liking, but colour so yay
TTGO T-Display circa 10 pounds, may create the enclosure and test this one on the bike.

Matt1127

Aug 18, 2023
Kent
Yeah, I'm running Gen1 Kenevo, just really want to see the very basics so rolled my own display:
Served my well, seems stable enough, useful to in making adjustments to support levels on the fly, but still think I should add a set of pre-set support levels as it's a bit fiddly to set on the trail.
Looking into a few options for devices ... here is the original DEV setup:
A screen and a micro processor, but now these combined modules I'm playing with are cheap as chips ...
LILYGO T-Display-S3 circa 14 pounds, probably a bit to big a screen for my liking, but colour so yay
TTGO T-Display circa 10 pounds, may create the enclosure and test this one on the bike.
Did you ever get any further with this I’d love this for my 2019 kenevo expert

Thanks Matt

Derek carter

Nov 20, 2022
UK
I'm still rocking the mono colour Version 1 on my Kenevo ... love it! I'm still messing about with the code wanted to see if I could connect to the old Heart Rate monitor as well (but am a lazy arse!), but if I pull my finger out I'll design an enclosure and send you a unit with basic battery and speed screens ... the electronics are like 20 pounds if that ... let me see if I get some time in the next couple of weeks.

Matt1127

Aug 18, 2023
Kent
I'm still rocking the mono colour Version 1 on my Kenevo ... love it! I'm still messing about with the code wanted to see if I could connect to the old Heart Rate monitor as well (but am a lazy arse!), but if I pull my finger out I'll design an enclosure and send you a unit with basic battery and speed screens ... the electronics are like 20 pounds if that ... let me see if I get some time in the next couple of weeks.

Let me know bud , I’d deffo want one to add to my kenevo

Derek carter

Nov 20, 2022
UK
Gen1 people ...
Finally had time to spin up the 3D printer and experiment with a few ideas of a new enclosure ... hopefully ready to test ride in the next week ... just painting inside with latex to give some protection from water entering the enclosure.

1695739250130.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles