Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo charger ratio ?

Nakiri

Feb 14, 2022
Brazil
Hi there,

I read somewere here that the Shimano charger has different charging time ratios according to the charging percentual (0-80% and 80-100%)
I was wondering if the SPZ charger has the same feature, or is it the same ratio from 0 to 100% ?

Anyone knows/already tested it ?

Thanks !

Nakiri

Feb 14, 2022
Brazil
I just found a post with your comments...

But I would like to know these ratios... in percentage, A/h, whatever.So I can finish my project... hehehe

Thanks !!!!

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth

But I would like to know these ratios... in percentage, A/h, whatever.So I can finish my project... hehehe

Thanks !!!!
I doubt it is exact because it will depend on how previous charging has been done........ie always charged to 100% or mostly charged to 90% ( which is preferable). In the final stages of charging the charger equalises each cells voltage which is why the final stage of charging takes longer.

Nakiri

Feb 14, 2022
Brazil
I doubt it is exact because it will depend on how previous charging has been done........ie always charged to 100% or mostly charged to 90% ( which is preferable). In the final stages of charging the charger equalises each cells voltage which is why the final stage of charging takes longer.

Shimano states in the EC-6002 charger manual:
7.5h - Full charge
4.0h - until 80%
So, it takes 3.5h from 80% to full charge
Then... 1h = 20% charge (up to 80%), then 1h = 8.57% (80-100%)

I'm looking for something like this for SPZ charger. If no one knows, I'll have to take some measurements myself (boring)...

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

Thanks !!!!
monitor the current input over the duration of a full charge.
job done.

Aussie78

May 11, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Gen1 used AN49511A battery management ic.

Balancing on charge only. Not a charge pump active balancer. Balancing tolerance window is not adjustable, or threshold adjustable. Very basic. Only balances above 4.12v I believe, so terminating pack charge at less then 42v will not let AN49511A perform balancing. Cells in packs I have had apart have had wildly miss matched cells, as witnessed with internal impedances all over the shop in packs with <50 cycles, resulting in significant pack unbalanced during discharge and capacities in the 300-350Wh range.

Charge profile looks like attached image

IMG_5121.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles