Tu less fluid compatibility

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I have to top up a Stan’s fluid tyre on a bike in France.
I won’t be able to take Stan’s (flying) and I am not sure it will be available.
Does anyone know what I should be looking for that will mix ?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I thought you could take 10 bottles in hand luggage. 1 ltr total. You probably only need one bottle per wheel.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You can pretty much take what you like if it goes in the hold. (Subject the usual exclusions of big knives, explosives, gas canisters, lithium-ion batteries and the like).
It is only the carry on that is subject to the "100ml bottles, must fit into a one-litre plastic bag" rule.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Actually, if it is a problem for you, I would not bother taking any at all. Unless you will be setting up tyres from scratch the only reason you need more latex is if you get catastrophic tyre damage needing you to fit a tube to get back to base. Yiu could always buy some when you are out there. Even if you don't speak ANY French, you can go into a bike shop, see what you want and buy it. If you can't even do that, then look it up on your phone and show them a picture. Or use Google translate.

You are not short of options! Even sign language, ie gesture, will work. I have travelled all over the place and in most countries, I could not speak a word but I got by. In Malaysia, dealing with an old woman (like, really old) I managed to buy medication for my wife who had food poisoning and hence the shits. Don't ask how I managed to do this except it took a lot of mime! :ROFLMAO:

And yes, she was very amused! :censored:

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
You can pretty much take what you like if it goes in the hold. (Subject the usual exclusions of big knives, explosives, gas canisters, lithium-ion batteries and the like).
It is only the carry on that is subject to the "100ml bottles, must fit into a one-litre plastic bag" rule.
Yes Steve as above carry on only.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Take it in 100ml bottles.
Thanks Bones…..sorted. I hadn’t thought of that!

IMG_2057.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles