Rail (625Wh) Trek Rail 7 202 size up or down

KWOG

Jun 13, 2023
SE Iowa US
I test rode a 2022 Rail 7 last weekend and loved it. I am a little or 5'9' and I rode a large on the test ride. It did everything I wanted except my right hand went numb. When I came back to discuss this issue I was cut off and told I should be on a medium. I am not sure if that's really the case as i could go either way and I loved the way the large rode. Anybody right on the dividing line like me that could share their experience and their thoughts on their choice of M or L frame?

Also got told $4700 was my price, is this fair for a 2022 still on the floor?

Thanks,

Craig

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’m 5’9” also and I settled for a medium Rail. I’m glad I did. Only the seat post (dropper) was changed to 170mm.

hijodeputa

Nov 23, 2022
Essex
I'm 5'10" and a bit and on a medium. It may be in my head, but its very agile, for an eeb, and they're very stable because of the weight. I live in a flat County in England though, so it's perfect for that. Might want the large if I charged down the Alps every weekend. Also got 200mm dropper on it which is brilliant.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'm also 5'10" and ride a 2022 Rail Alloy Large. Sometimes feels a bit big on tight stuff but otherwise it's fine, but I have messed around with bar rise and sweep. Downhill it's rock solid. My Trek Fuel EX was M/L which was spot on for me. Wife has a 2022 Rail Alloy Medium, always feels too small for me, but obviously more manoeuvrable.

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
I'm 5'9" and ride a 2022 medium Rail 9.7. Really depends on you body shape (i.e. long legs vs arms etc...) and how you like the bike to feel. I could have gone small and been just as happy (ride in BC).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles