Trek Rail 5 2020/2021 Mac Ride seat

duri1

Nov 3, 2020
Slovakia
Hi Guys,
I'd like to ask you for an advice. I'm going to order Mac Ride seat for my 2020/2021 Trek Rail 5 and I need to know:

1. If E-Bike WIDE adapter is enough or I need to order EXTRA WIDE due to down tube dimension.

2. If I can mount back the stock stem on Standard Mac Ride Mounting Bracket Spacer (no the stock Trek Knock Block headset spacer).

Thank you very much in advance.

Trek02.JPG

Trek06.JPG

Last edited:

Graveldragon.cc

Jan 30, 2021
Wales
Hi Guys,
I'd like to ask you for an advice. I'm going to order Mac Ride seat for my 2020/2021 Trek Rail 5 and I need to know:

1. If E-Bike WIDE adapter is enough or I need to order EXTRA WIDE due to down tube dimension.

2. If I can mount back the stock stem on Standard Mac Ride Mounting Bracket Spacer (no the stock Trek Knock Block headset spacer).

Thank you very much in advance.

View attachment 46896

View attachment 46900
Following. Green colour looks great! How is the drivetrain?

duri1

Nov 3, 2020
Slovakia
Thanks pal, drivetrain works great but I'm going to change it from SX to GX as well as brake swap to Magura MT5.

Btw. WIDE adapter for MacRide seat is enough.

Graveldragon.cc

Jan 30, 2021
Wales
Thanks pal, drivetrain works great but I'm going to change it from SX to GX as well as brake swap to Magura MT5.

Btw. WIDE adapter for MacRide seat is enough.
Just about to buy a Macride for a Rail myself. How did you get on with the Macride? Was the 'wide' one big enough once you were using it with your child? Any frame rubbing or do you wish you'd gone extra wide? Thanks

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
anyone mounted a macride on their rail with a Kiox display on the top tube? I was all set to get one until I relised that that sits right in the way!

sts

Jan 19, 2023
Germany
Hi,
which spacer kit did you get - wide or extra wide?
The standard mounting bracket spacer (1 1/8") fits?
Thanks!

sts

Jan 19, 2023
Germany
And another question - how did you integrate the macride spacer with the knock block system? The knock block spacers got those "interfaces" that keeps them in position relative to each other.

RyanUS

Jan 26, 2023
Usa
The ebike wide fits great, no need for the extra wide. You will need the knockbock adapter from Mac ride in order to install the Mac ride adapter ring.

sts

Jan 19, 2023
Germany
Hi, thanks for the answer! In the mean time i figured it out myself and ordered the two parts - wide kit and knock block adapter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles