Trek battery falling out.

Stevej

Oct 29, 2020
Vancouver Island B.C.
On the 3rd ride of my new Trek Allant 7 ebike (with under 100km) the battery fell out. Ride duration was just under 2 hours; 1 1/2 hrs bouncing on trails with 10 minutes of side walk riding at the begining and end of the ride. During the last 5 minutes of the ride the battery fell out on the side walk.

IMG_7578.JPG IMG_7579.JPG
I read some other Trek riders had similar incidents so I made sure the battery was properly installed. I ensured it was locked in place by trying to pull the battery out and removing the key. The key cannot come out without locking the battery. The battery was properly installed, staying in during 1 1/2 hrs of trail riding and came out at the end of a ride, landing on the side walk. The damage looks superficial however the Trek manual says; "Batteries must not be subjected to mechanical shock." I'll take the bike to the shop in Duncan B.C. where I bought it and expect it should be replaced under warranty. I'll keep you all posted.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
This is a known Trek issue, another post here includes a bulletin sent to their dealers detailing how to rectify the alignment issues.

Stevej

Oct 29, 2020
Vancouver Island B.C.
Brought Trek bike to "Cycle Therapy" in Duncan B.C. They said 'This is unfortunate.' Told me they would fix the battery latch, check the battery for damage, order a new cover plate and service the Trek due to my inconvience. All on warranty! I could not be more satisfied! Thanks everyone on EMTB for your help.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
So weird that one has to feel excited for a service that, for the most part, is a contractual obligation.

What servicing is needed, after 100km?

Stevej

Oct 29, 2020
Vancouver Island B.C.
I do not believe it is a contractual obligation until one month or XXX Km. I believe its the LBS showing good faith standing behind their product AND customer. How many times have we bought something only later to find a flaw or lose fitting missed by the manufacture.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles