Transition

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Shimano is the only manufacture that will supply small numbers of motors, Bosch will only supply large batches which most small companies can't afford

I’ve heard this mentioned before, but I can’t see Transition being a smaller brand then say Pole Bikes. And Pole is using the latest Bosch setup in the new Voima eBike.

i was really hoping Transition was going to make an eBike version of the Spire, with something that was potentially even a 180/180mm or 180/170mm and maybe an option to run a mullet setup. And a larger 700watt battery seeing how Norco can run a 700watt or even 900watt.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
I’ve heard this mentioned before, but I can’t see Transition being a smaller brand then say Pole Bikes. And Pole is using the latest Bosch setup in the new Voima eBike.

i was really hoping Transition was going to make an eBike version of the Spire, with something that was potentially even a 180/180mm or 180/170mm and maybe an option to run a mullet setup. And a larger 700watt battery seeing how Norco can run a 700watt or even 900watt.
They gave their reasons for going the way they did on the interview on the Vital mtb video, don't think that going for the middle ground was the best way forward for them, I think that they should have gone big or gone light, don't understand the stupid headset, it seems to be the latest "thing" and I think it will lose them sales

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
They gave their reasons for going the way they did on the interview on the Vital mtb video, don't think that going for the middle ground was the best way forward for them, I think that they should have gone big or gone light, don't understand the stupid headset, it seems to be the latest "thing" and I think it will lose them sales

Don’t kid yourself, they’ll sell everyone they make. I work at a shop and Transition is one of our biggest brands we carry. They’ve already sold out to dealers for the first run.

I could see them also having a second bike down the road, kind of like how Santa Cruz dropped the Heckler first and then the Bullit.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Don’t kid yourself, they’ll sell everyone they make. I work at a shop and Transition is one of our biggest brands we carry. They’ve already sold out to dealers for the first run.

I could see them also having a second bike down the road, kind of like how Santa Cruz dropped the Heckler first and then the Bullit.
You're probably right, just think that these headsets are an example of form over function and they don't have a place on an MTB

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Nice bike, stupid expensive. Exactly twice the price of comparable Sentinel. I guess anything sells right now.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Nice bike, stupid expensive. Exactly twice the price of comparable Sentinel. I guess anything sells right now.

Twice the price? I might be bad at math but I’m not that bad…..lol

A GX Repeater is not double the price of a GX Sentinel.

compare a GX build Repeater to a carbon GX Sentinel build. It’s definitely more money but it has arguably a slightly better build spec plus the cost of the Shimano motor and batter.

It’s still less than a comparable Yeti E160.

Last edited:

mxengineer1

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio, USA
Thanks to my buddy Chase (who just bought this bike) I got a quick ride yesterday on the all new 2022 Transition Repeater e-MTB.....electric GiddyUp!! This was my first ride on a Transition MTB. This was the GX Carbon model (MSRP $9499 USD) in size large. I regularly ride a '22 Levo Expert, 21 Trek Rail 7, '21 Intense Tazer Expert and MX Pro e-MTB's. Always fun to jump on a new bike and see what characteristics stand out. First thing that I noticed was a light and agile overall feel to the bike. I think the 29" wheels with slimmer 2.4" tires help give this bike an effortless and fast roll feeling going downhill. The size large frame with 480mm reach felt good for my 6' 2" 195 lb body. The stock bars have 30mm of rise and with 640mm stack seemed high enough though I would want to try my favorite bump absorbing OneUp 35mm rise carbon bars. The Rockshox ZEB Ultimate forks were plush and simply work great. I did not notice the Fox Float X Performance Elite rear shock so that means it was doing it's job. I am familiar with the Magura M7 brakes (they come on my Intense Tazer MX Pro) and I like the power and modulation at the lever. I had no idea on the Repeater geometry when I rode the bike but I could tell the head tube was fairly slack (it is 64 degrees) and the seat tube was steep (it is 77 degrees) and it climbed some technical steep stuff easily (the chainstay is 455mm). The Shimano EP8 motor is good but has the usual EP8 rattle and does not feel as powerful as the Brose 2.2 motor in my '22 Levo Expert or the latest Bosch Performance CX motor. Perhaps Transition's tune on the EP8 motor is more focused on range and power is turned down a little, something that could be changed with the Shimano e-Tube app. Based on my own Shimano motor experience even though the EP8 motor does not feel as powerful it is not as efficient as the Bosch (or Brose) motors so battery range is shorter. I really liked the OneUp 210mm dropper seat post. Overall I was impressed with the new Transition Repeater. I was surprised how agile and quick handling the Repeater felt, especially with the 29" wheels and longer rear chain stay length. The bike was fun to ride especially on the downhills. Hopefully my buddy Chase will let me take the new Repeater for more rides soon!

IMG_9656.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

IMG_9658.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles