Transition

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Expect it would be fun to ride as my old patrol was a blast ! One day maybe but not for a while I think ?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
If they don't they will drift into obscurity. It's like a TV manufacturer saying "nah, we will stick with black and white crt's."

I wholeheartedly look forward to them having to eat a large slice of humble pie when they release an ebike.
I will enjoy the wailing and nashing of teeth on pinkbike more though.?

Mart-e

Dec 13, 2020
Australia
I’d be totally keen to go rip an ep8 powered say “E Patrol”….. as to replace a cooked steps 8000 out of action Norco sight…

Last edited:

Beboski

Feb 26, 2020
Italy
It's out

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I can see zero reasons to buy the Repeater unless you are a transition fan boy - nothing wrong with it, but IMO just another fairly generic EP8 EMTB that ticks the box for Transition to have an EMTB in the range.

Headset cable routing on its own would rule it out of my consideration.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Quite like it myself. Like the Yeti, its not pushing any technology boundaries, but I bet it rides real nice. I like the dual 29 and 455mm chain stay.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I can see zero reasons to buy the Repeater unless you are a transition fan boy - nothing wrong with it, but IMO just another fairly generic EP8 EMTB that ticks the box for Transition to have an EMTB in the range.

Headset cable routing on its own would rule it out of my consideration.
yeah, nothing special there - I'm sure it rides nicely enough though, but theres nothing to set it apart from the myriad of other ep8 bikes out there.

There's a real gap for someone to do a bike similar in concept to an orbea rise (ie not quite full power , but not far off, but still lightweight) , but with more travel, and more aggressive geometry.

Waiting for orbea to make an E rallon using the RS concept used in the rise.......

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
To really stand out in the pack Transition should use either an own motor system or at least a rare built.
The rest is a lump of parts connected to their own frame, as everyone else does so as well.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Quite like it myself. Like the Yeti, its not pushing any technology boundaries, but I bet it rides real nice. I like the dual 29 and 455mm chain stay.
I am sure it does, but at least with the Yeti you are getting an innovative 6 bar rear end, and of course its a Yeti.

At the price they are asking there is serious competition, and of there's the likes of the Trek Rail/Scor/Mondraker etc etc at much better price points too.

I like the look of the transition, but perhaps my reaction is a sign of how crowded the EMTB market place now is, and how a lot of offerings from brands seem to be a box ticking exercise that produce very nice bikes, but differentiate very little from other similar bikes.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I am sure it does, but at least with the Yeti you are getting an innovative 6 bar rear end, and of course its a Yeti.

At the price they are asking there is serious competition, and of there's the likes of the Trek Rail/Scor/Mondraker etc etc at much better price points too.

I like the look of the transition, but perhaps my reaction is a sign of how crowded the EMTB market place now is, and how a lot of offerings from brands seem to be a box ticking exercise that produce very nice bikes, but differentiate very little from other similar bikes.

Have you ever had the chance to throw your leg over one of Transition's mountain bikes?
Their suspension kinematics always ride awesome, they really pride themselves on great handling bikes and it shows in the reviews they receive on their bikes too.

I completely again that there's nothing on the surface that really stands out in the crowd about the Repeater and I almost cried when I saw the headset....lol
But I'd bet you $20 the bike rips and is playful and fun to ride.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have no doubt it will be fun to ride, but so are a lot of other bikes, and the fact the head tube doubles as a headset rust-bucket thanks to the cabling will make long term ownership a great prospect too.

Its a competitive market at that price point, it doesn't offer any clear USP in terms of weight, system, geometry, battery capacity etc etc, and the defining feature is a leaky head tube.

I like transition as a brand, but hard to get excited about this bike.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I am a massive Transition fanboy but unfortunately that headset is enough for me to say no plus I love my Rise, it looks like same design a the Vitus the bearings will be crap & high chance the cables will rub the steerer tube

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
This. Totally meh.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
If this had a Bosch 750, I think it would be a great option and a pretty big hit. I am surprised that transition went with the ep8. Their pedal bikes builds have had great parts specs i have thought. I would think they would have gone the extra mile and put the better motor in here being that they are transition.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
If this had a Bosch 750, I think it would be a great option and a pretty big hit. I am surprised that transition went with the ep8. Their pedal bikes builds have had great parts specs i have thought. I would think they would have gone the extra mile and put the better motor in here being that they are transition.
Shimano is the only manufacture that will supply small numbers of motors, Bosch will only supply large batches which most small companies can't afford

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Shimano is the only manufacture that will supply small numbers of motors, Bosch will only supply large batches which most small companies can't afford
i dunno how true all that is. look at all the piddly little brands listed on bosch website. Transition is bigger than many of these. When they are designing the bikes they obviously know the are cutting corners by using the shimano. so either they are cutting costs or getting better motor availability. Even Pole is using the bosch and I dont think there is any way they are selling as many units as transition.

everyone loves transition bikes and so did i, but as an ebike convert im disappointed by this

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles