Transition Spire - Bus?

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Looking at a Spire (or Patrol as the numbers look like they might be better) to run alongside the ebike.

I like everything about it on paper EXCEPT for its wheelbase.

The chain stays on the Size L are 446/448 vs my S4 Levo's 442 which suggests its rear end might feel good, but then the wheelbase is 1287 / 1289 vs my Levo's 1262 (maybe longer now with a 170 fork)

That is a considerable increase in length given I feel like the Levo geo is really good, fits me really well and feels great to ride. Would that feel like steering battleship round tighter turns? I enjoy dragging the Levo's arse end about in a fast tight corner, its great fun. Worried this will be awful. That said some times the Levo feels too much bike on a tame trail

I know its a big bike, its mainly the wheelbase number that puts me off. If that were a little shorter I'd have bought one by now.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
From what you are saying it sounds like the increase in wheelbase is from the longer fork and slacker HA. In which case the bike is t going to feel and bigger but the front wheel axle will be slightly further in front when not compressed

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles