Trance X E+ Question

TheBob

May 2, 2023
Johannesburg
Hi all
Picked up a new Trance X E+ a couple weeks ago. So far I am loving how it absolutely destroys the climbs. I''ve upgraded the dropper to a OneUp 180mm for some more clearance on the downs and will be fitting some spare Bontrager Line 30 carbon wheels with Rimpact inserts as soon as my new brake discs arrive. In the meantime I have been going throughthe bike, making sure all the correct bits are greased and torqued. When I removed the fork last night to check the headset bearings I found the lower headset bearing to be stuck in the headset cup. Is this right? On all my other bikes the lower headset bearing slides out with the fork, so I'm worried this is an issue.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
Hi all
Picked up a new Trance X E+ a couple weeks ago. So far I am loving how it absolutely destroys the climbs. I''ve upgraded the dropper to a OneUp 180mm for some more clearance on the downs and will be fitting some spare Bontrager Line 30 carbon wheels with Rimpact inserts as soon as my new brake discs arrive. In the meantime I have been going throughthe bike, making sure all the correct bits are greased and torqued. When I removed the fork last night to check the headset bearings I found the lower headset bearing to be stuck in the headset cup. Is this right? On all my other bikes the lower headset bearing slides out with the fork, so I'm worried this is an issue.
I changed out my headset on my Trance X E+ 0 after a pretty significant mishap. I was also surprised that the lower bearing is a bit if an interference fit. That’s with an entirely new set - cups, bearings, the works. Don’t worry about it. Seems like standard issue for these (very) large diameter lower cups/bearings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles