Trance SX vs Pro geometry

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Are the frames the same?

I read somewhere that the frames are the same, and only fork length makes the SX more slack.

After studying the differences, this seems possible. There is a 1/2 mm difference in CS length, and 1/2 a degree difference in steering tube and seat tube angle.

Could these very small differences be the result of simply rotating the frame in the measurement system, for example by lengthening the fork or adding a larger front wheel?

andykent

Mar 12, 2019
Oetz, Austria
As far as i am aware the frame is the same, it just comes specced with a 160mm fork instead of a 150mm. I bought the pro 0 and just extended to the forks by 10mm, a 50 euro job, and got the geometry of the SX but without the coil shock. As to whether i can tell the difference of this half degree difference is another question!!

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Thanks for the info. Is there a part number for the fork update?

What I really want to experiment with is a 29er front end. I dont have much downhill around me, and almost no big jumps, but it is rough. I think a 29er front, even if I had to give up 10mm of front travel to keep the geometry about the same, would be interesting.

Last edited:

andykent

Mar 12, 2019
Oetz, Austria
It depends which pro you have as i am not sure you can change the travel on all versions of the fox 36s, you will need to do some research, i only know it is possible on the factory ones.

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Hi mate, as mentioned the frames etc are exactly the same, only components change between the models. I have an E pro 0 with the fork extension to make them 160mm. A 29er will not fit with the standard fork as there is not enough clearance under the brace. I have tried this and without swapping out for 29er forks it won't work.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hey, thank you all for the advice.

I have a speedfox amp, with a 29 inch front end, and 130mm of travel. I may swap the speedfox front end to the trance temporarily just to see if I like it at all. If I like it, I'll lay low for a 29er front end in the 130mm to 140mm range.

I really cant complain about anything on the Trance. I'm just curious about all of the
mixer bikes coming out, and see the Trance as a candidate with geometry that supports both size wheels.... maybe.

It wont cost me a penny to try?

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Hey, thank you all for the advice.

I have a speedfox amp, with a 29 inch front end, and 130mm of travel. I may swap the speedfox front end to the trance temporarily just to see if I like it at all. If I like it, I'll lay low for a 29er front end in the 130mm to 140mm range.

I really cant complain about anything on the Trance. I'm just curious about all of the
mixer bikes coming out, and see the Trance as a candidate with geometry that supports both size wheels.... maybe.

It wont cost me a penny to try?

Never know unless you try.(y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles