Trailforks Expert Needed

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
Anyone use Trailforks?

I just started using it and have recorded a few "ride logs" in my local MTB centre.
Just to be clear I'm not into Strava, although I have the app but dont use it, found Trailforks is closer to what I'm after. (record rides and follow routes, simple)

I just noticed on my latest ride log I set a few personal time records on some of the tracks.
I then displayed the Leaderboard and to my horror I'm sitting 9th in the all time list. But I did notice everyone else has a Strava symbol against their time.

My question is "am I sitting on this leader board in 9th place for all to see or is this just showing me where I sit and no one can see it"?

I don't want to upset the clockwork bikers by crashing the party with and ebike!

Many thanks
Pottsy

20180319_211638.jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
You will really upset the normal riders if youre on strava and not entered as an ebiker , it’s the biggest bone of contention I’ve seen so far for Ebikes and you can’t blame them really .
Must have a look at that app , if there’s a leaderboard or strava comparisons etc it surely must have a way of showing what your riding . I don’t think strava on the ebike proves much at all .
I remember my first strava cycling entries i entered as a runner by accident and got a few comments

Last edited:

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
You will really upset the normal riders if youre on strava and not entered as an ebiker , it’s the biggest bone of contention I’ve seen so far for Ebikes and you can’t blame them really .
Must have a look at that app , if there’s a leaderboard or strava comparisons etc it surely must have a way of showing what your riding . I don’t think strava on the ebike proves much at all .
I remember my first strava cycling entries i entered as a runner by accident and got a few comments
I'm defo not on Strava. Not interested in it. There is a place to enter your bike type but no ebike box to tick. Just DH XC etc.

On a related note what would you categorise my giant sx pro?

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I'm defo not on Strava. Not interested in it. There is a place to enter your bike type but no ebike box to tick. Just DH XC etc.

On a related note what would you categorise my giant sx pro?
Just got the app , looks like there’s lots to look at there , I can see why your looking for an expert
I guess your giant is categorised as full suspension Emtb

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
Yeah looks like a good app. I downloaded the UK and Ireland databases. A lot of trails.
You can also create your own routes, share and download gpx files from others.

Trail reports updated by users etc etc

Looks good. Just found a setting that looks like it may keep me off public leaderboards but still let's me see where I sit on them.
Hopefully stop anyone getting annoyed with me.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Yeah looks like a good app. I downloaded the UK and Ireland databases. A lot of trails.
You can also create your own routes, share and download gpx files from others.

Trail reports updated by users etc etc

Looks good. Just found a setting that looks like it may keep me off public leaderboards but still let's me see where I sit on them.
Hopefully stop anyone getting annoyed with me.
Thanks for the heads up , I think that will be useful for checking out trails in new places

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles