Trail Access issues

Portland 29er

Aug 22, 2019
USA
I live in the US and there is lots of uncertainty surrounding trail access for eMTB riders. Some people say they're banned from non-motorized trails and there is no governing body or advocacy group that clearly states the current rules. Due to a chronic heart condition, I am about to buy my first eMTB, but I'm a little wary of the current climate surrounding e-bikes. Will I face backlash from my local riding community? Will I be "kicked out" of trail systems and/or ostracized for riding an eMTB? Would it be smart for me to contact my local trail organization first and let them know I'll be out there on an eMTB? I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but at the same time, I feel like I should be able to ride wherever other mountain bikers are riding.

Just go out and ride - Most other riders don't really mind ebikes as long as you know what your doing, not holding up or getting in the way of people, (if your not used to off-road riding maybe stick to fire roads & easy trails first).
Just keep a low profile and be polite.

Reactions: Jeb

Portland 29er

Aug 22, 2019
USA
Just go out and ride - Most other riders don't really mind ebikes as long as you know what your doing, not holding up or getting in the way of people, (if your not used to off-road riding maybe stick to fire roads & easy trails first).
Just keep a low profile and be polite.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. I guess I'm overthinking it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles