Trace X Advanced E+1 frame size help needed

Inz

Jan 31, 2023
Ireland
I’m about to pull the trigger on the Trance X Advanced E+1 but I have a dilemma. I can get a great deal on an XL size but I’m exactly 6ft2 which puts me between a Large and XL.

I’m and old school rider trying to get back into riding, pretty overweight and hoping to shred some pounds and enjoy riding again.

I‘ve ridden the bike at the dealer and I find the dropper seatpost in the lowest position is a little high (170mm on the L and XL) mainly due to the seat tube length being 25mm longer on the XL. Dealer is happy to swap it out for a 150mm. Is this a common thing with larger frames that people have to deal with?

Also feels like due to the stack height the bars are low’ish for me. Cranks are super long too so I’d probably replace them for 160 or 155 once my bank account recovers.

I can’t get a good deal on a Large size, so is there anything else I should consider by sizing up?
I tried a Large in the alloy for comparison, the dealer said I should definitely take the XL but I’m not sure if they’re just trying to make a quick sale here. The Large felt okay, but the XL was comfortable but reach seems quite long.

Ehat I don’t want to end up with is having to spend loads of money on tweaking the bike to get it comfortable.

Pic for reference on the XL

01BF3637-1CC9-47E2-8A22-62C5619B2B79.jpeg

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Tbh, neither of those bikes look right for you without a fair amount of tweaking. Straight away you can see sag is not set for you. I’d give some thought to getting a bike fit done before you part with your hard earned. I had one after 12 months of buying my first ebike. Ok it was £120, but I’d spent ££££ on upgrades trying to get the bike right when in hindsight a bike fit would have got it right off the bat.

Inz

Jan 31, 2023
Ireland
well spotted. The sag is way off along with a few other things. I’m going to ask them to do a proper fit on the XL before putting any cash down.
Thanks!

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
As a rule of thumb, (not replacing your feeling when on the bike), if you have long torso and short legs you could size up; short torso and long legs you’d better size down. Nothing beats trying the bike though. Trance have a low stack so the XL will feel steep on downhill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles