Tow bar mounted bike rack for All Mtn 8.0; any recommendations?

Semi_Colon

Oct 24, 2020
West Sussex
Hi - loving my All MTN 8.0 but now it's the muddy season it's making putting it in the back of the car a bit stressful. Have a Thule bike rack for the tow bar but the frame on the Haibike is so thick it doesn't work. Also the tyre channels are too narrow. If anyone's got experience of bike racks that work well with the size of these bikes would be good to hear. (y)
Thanks.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Hi - loving my All MTN 8.0 but now it's the muddy season it's making putting it in the back of the car a bit stressful. Have a Thule bike rack for the tow bar but the frame on the Haibike is so thick it doesn't work. Also the tyre channels are too narrow. If anyone's got experience of bike racks that work well with the size of these bikes would be good to hear. (y)
Thanks.
i got a Thule 2-Bike EuroWay G2
the clamp is ok for my giant ang other halfs haibike but on long runs to cornwall i fix a luggage strap around the jaws and the
bike tube works well for me.
thule sell the wheel channels for fat bikes might be good for you

Semi_Colon

Oct 24, 2020
West Sussex
Useful review thanks. Need to find out though if the clamps fit the down tubes on the Haibike as they're large and not circular...

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Useful review thanks. Need to find out though if the clamps fit the down tubes on the Haibike as they're large and not circular...
clamps are more eliptical than round and are quite big
just had a look on thule they do the fatbike wheel holders but
looks like they are for the 591 roof carrier so not sure weather
the ali channel is the same as the euroway.
you might be better contacting thule
tyres on my giant are plus 2.8s and they fit but squeek a bit
i had to buy the fatbike straps because the standard are not long enough
for the 2.8s

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Thanks.
think were getting cross perposes here? if we are talking about the tow ball rack
not the roof rack.
the clamps do not fit on the downtube (would not get round too big)(bloody battery)
they clamp to the top tube which your haibike should be ok
i carry mine and her indoors but to keep weight down i remove the
batteries and cover the contacts with plastic bag and rubber band

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
My Alltrail 6 fits well on the Thule XT - both clamping and tyres. See my avatar on the left for picture. Your model should clamp in the same position.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles