Torque:on or Spectral:on

Mar 10, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi guys sold my orbea wild FS earlier this as the first one cracked and I never really liked the super long chain stays it had.
I have since been riding my wives 2021 Canyon Spectral- on n now and then in a size small even tough I am 182 cm that thing just rips compared to the massive 29'er orbea wild FS I had.
I am toying with the idea of getting back on a e-mtb as I am getting old and I am a bit chunky, so I have been looking at a size Medium Canyon Spectral-on cf 7 or the cheaper Torque-on 7.
My worries about the Torque-on are the pretty slack seat angle and that super low BB but I am not sure how much of an issue they would be here in Denmark where most trails are smoothish single track with some smaller bike park stuff.
The smaller battery of the Torque-on does not scare me since I rarely ride more than 2 hours.
this is my local trail and what I ride 90% of the time
And real world experiences with the torque-on would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dave S emtb

Apr 28, 2021
Hampshire
Pretty sure you'll have a blast on either of these. I have a torque on and love it especially on the steeps and for jumps, drops. The torque on is probably over kill for where I ride but I never feel that it limits me as it's playful enough with short chainstays to be fun on trails from blue to black.

Narfel

May 4, 2023
Spain
Given the trails and your comments I don't think the Strive would be wrong in any way, but as a Spectral owner I am biased towards it and would recommand it over the Strive. If you say the Spectral rips compared to the Wild I would say definitely Spectral, also the trails you show do not need 170mm if you ask me. Maybe you can get the 750w battery somehow which would save quite a bit of weight and 2h riding will never get it empty. Not even double that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles