Torque:On 2024. To buy or not to buy?

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
I'm 180cm and have a size M. An L did feel to big for me.

I have a Torque ON and Spectral ON. Unfortunately my Torque ON is standing at the local bike shop. Problems with the EP8 motor. It shut its self down. It has 1100km on the clock. The Spectral ON (also EP8) has more than 5000km on the clock.

Th3bill

Subscriber
Oct 8, 2023
NY, USA
I saw a Torque:ON in the flesh last weekend out on the trails and got to take a seat on it (size L) - the Large felt good and at 185cm (6'1") tall its in my size range. Love the look of the Torque:ON. The Strive is just too chunky for me.

For those who have the Torque:ON how do you find it for size? It has a 500 reach in L and the M has 475.
For reference I have an Orbea Rise XL which also has a 500 reach but it is lighter bike, fancy an additional bike at some point with full power and more DH focused.

And for all the Shimano haters, I have had three bikes with Shimano motors and no issues over the last 6 years :)

I went from a Pole Evolink in Large a couple years ago (490mm reach) to the Medium. I’m 6’ 33in inseam. Fit feels great and I’ve absorbs anything I can throw at it.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
For those who have the Torque:ON how do you find it for size?
I ride the XL I am 6'2" with long limbs, it works for me. In super tight uphill tech I do find myself a little frustrated but not to the point where I wish I had a smaller bike. The stability is unreal on a big bike, all my Strava times (if you care about that sort of thing) have have dropped down so I'm definitely faster. I also like taking chances that I maybe more afraid than I already am on jumps that I haven't done before. So it has also built my confidence.

Side note, I like Shimano's motors they're really smooth with great power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles