Tiny issue with displaycable on a brand new Spectral:ON

Kberg93

Mar 26, 2021
Norway
Hi, finished setting up my bike and struggle a bit with the cable on the
«Shimano Steps SC-EM800 Display»

The plug that comes loose just wont stick in there so i have to add a tiny bit of pressure to make the display start but its shutting down right away when i release that little pressure. Im also waiting for answere from Canyon to but if its a quick fix for it id love to hear it ?

this cable ?
FF0EAF9D-DF93-461B-899C-F1003ED4BA28.jpeg

Last edited:

Wolfgang

Mar 21, 2021
Kernow
Hi, finished setting up my bike and struggle a bit with the cable on the
«Shimano Steps SC-EM800 Display»

The plug that comes loose just wont stick in there so i have to add a tiny bit of pressure to make the display start but its shutting down right away when i release that little pressure. Im also waiting for answere from Canyon to but if its a quick fix for it id love to hear it ?

this cable ?
View attachment 56864

Did you use the Shimano tool to fit the cable?

Both my spectral’s took a surprising amount of pressure to install into the display. The cable clicks into position.

Kberg93

Mar 26, 2021
Norway
Did you use the Shimano tool to fit the cable?

Both my spectral’s took a surprising amount of pressure to install into the display. The cable clicks into position.
The cable came prefitted and i didnt see anything in the manual or the buildvideo that it should be fitted ? (i will have a second look asap tho). Or do u mean there is a tool to push it into the display?

Wolfgang

Mar 21, 2021
Kernow
The cable came prefitted and i didnt see anything in the manual or the buildvideo that it should be fitted ? (i will have a second look asap tho)

I had to install the cable on both of mine as the bars are not attached. The drive unit cable is dangling out of frame.

My partner read the instruction booklet, sure there was a step in there about the cable.

This is the tool in the bag.
E2B35116-3D4A-4BA4-BB0D-C469A5CB3345.png

Kberg93

Mar 26, 2021
Norway
I had to install the cable on both of mine as the bars are not attached. The drive unit cable is dangling out of frame.

My partner read the instruction booklet, sure there was a step in there about the cable.

This is the tool in the bag.
View attachment 56865
Its fitted into place now?? Just me being to scared breaking something when plugging it ? found the shimano tool to but ended up using my fingers ?

Wolfgang

Mar 21, 2021
Kernow
Its fitted into place now?? Just me being to scared breaking something when plugging it ? found the shimano tool to but ended up using my fingers ?

It took me 3 attempts due to fear of breaking it!

I watched the Fabian Barel bike build I saw the cable click into place.

Kberg93

Mar 26, 2021
Norway
It took me 3 attempts due to fear of breaking it!

I watched the Fabian Barel bike build I saw the cable click into place.
Ahh, i watched this one about 2:33 into the video he fits the plug: ?
then u probably understand why i didnt use heavy force ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles