Time to leap

Litt1eone

Oct 30, 2022
Isle of Wight, UK
Morning, afternoon and evening all.

After a year of hard tailing across the Isle of Wight country side I have decided to decide if an eBike is for me.

I believed this would be a consideration in a few more years to come but a knee issue is putting me off riding at the moment and I can’t be having that.

My dilemma is finding a bike that suits. I am 5ft 1” - female (just to give you visuals) with a short inside leg of about 26.5”
I have sat on a Scott Contessa Strike (small) and can barely stand over the frame. It’s a tad uncomfortable.

I’d be happy to hear of any recommendations from anyone who has had a similar dilemma ?

Clearly I mean finding the right bike - being a virtually challenged female is an awesome thing 😁

Reactive

Apr 15, 2022
SF Bay Area, CA
Hi!
Welcome to the greatest invention since the derailleur.

Specialized has a S1 size which is for 4'11" - 5'3". I am not sure if a Spec Turbo is on your radar, but it may be worth a stand-over.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Morning, afternoon and evening all.

After a year of hard tailing across the Isle of Wight country side I have decided to decide if an eBike is for me.

I believed this would be a consideration in a few more years to come but a knee issue is putting me off riding at the moment and I can’t be having that.

My dilemma is finding a bike that suits. I am 5ft 1” - female (just to give you visuals) with a short inside leg of about 26.5”
I have sat on a Scott Contessa Strike (small) and can barely stand over the frame. It’s a tad uncomfortable.

I’d be happy to hear of any recommendations from anyone who has had a similar dilemma ?

Clearly I mean finding the right bike - being a virtually challenged female is an awesome thing 😁
Liv - the women's range from giant:
Click on a bike to see specs / sizes.

mxh

Aug 27, 2018
Australia
My wife is 5'2 and had two criteria when looking for a new e-bike - standover height and bike weight. She found her previous bike (small Merida e-160) both too high and too heavy. She ended up with an Orbea Rise (small) and it works well on both fronts.

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Possibly something in the Giant Liv range to suit. For example the Embolden xs has a stand over of 710mm. Last time I was in the Giant store in shoreham on sea they had quite a few bikes from the Liv range in stock, worth a call if your interested, best dealer in the south east in my opinion

Litt1eone

Oct 30, 2022
Isle of Wight, UK
Hey all - thank you for your replies so far.

It is good to know that there are options. Some I have considered already and had to dismiss due to funds.

I will have a look at the Liv bikes. I know they review well - although much prefer the look of the Scott 🤓

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The specialized SL models can be bought for a steal right now.
Only an example and yes, they're still not "cheap" ..

1667212407836.png

ibkbike.com

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
At your height I'm assuming that if you are of average proportions, then your weight will be on the low side. Therefore, you may be well placed to take good advantage of the SL bikes from Trek, Orbea and others. These bikes will be about 20kg or less. Worth considering when you are having to lift the bike over gates or onto the car roof. Their batteries are smaller, but because you are light compared to the average user, then you will have a good range.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles