Thule proride 598

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Is anyone putting there ebike on the top of there car with this rack? Its max is 20kg which is right on the weight of a few emtbs (with battery out ).
I’m not sure that the clamp will fit around the tube on most bikes with that rack. I own it and I know it won’t fit around the Turbo Levo bottom tube - it’s too fat.

kane

May 16, 2018
Brechin, Scotland
oh aye thats mint... out of my price range tho . Im thinking about just getting a boot cover and slinging whatever bike i choose in the boot now. That would let me broaden my horizons.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
If you can remove the battery it should be ok - I have test mounted my E-Sommet on a 598 last week and clamps fine (XL bike and 598 is long enough too), not tried in anger yet.

Pipo- do you get much movement at speed or round corners?

I also bought a folding plastic step about 400mm high off eBay for about 8 quid which helps massively. Bear in mind this was onto a standard estate and I'm 6'3". If you are short and/or have a taller car then I think it would be a real struggle regardless

kane

May 16, 2018
Brechin, Scotland
If you can remove the battery it should be ok - I have test mounted my E-Sommet on a 598 last week and clamps fine (XL bike and 598 is long enough too), not tried in anger yet.

I also bought a folding plastic step about 400mm high off eBay for about 8 quid which helps massively. Bear in mind this was onto a standard estate and I'm 6'3". If you are short and/or have a taller car then I think it would be a real struggle regardless
cheers mate . more food for thought.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Tow bar rack or van is the way forward. I use the boot and it’s back-breaking lifting the bike in and out, especially after a ride.

Bloke at work has just bought a VW Sportline Combi Van with the Golf R engine. Looks mint and at 204 brake should fly. £48k though...

Cinnamon

Mar 2, 2018
Somewhere

Atleast I can’t hear anything so it must fit quite well ?. After about 1000 km no problems so far. It is tight so you may have cut a tiny bit of rubber but fits then well.
Naturally F1 kind of driving won’t be good idea, easy turns etc. Works well..

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles