Thule EasyFold XT 3 or Thule VeloSpace XT 3?

ritzusan

Mar 29, 2023
Italy
Hello,

I'm undecided between these 2 models:

Thule EasyFold XT 3
Thule VeloSpace XT 3

Usually I will carry an E-MTB (currently a cube stereo hybrid 2022) and a classic MTB.
In the future maybe 2 E-MTB's. And, if possible, a 3rd MTB.
My car is a classic station wagon.

What do you suggest?
Other than the "foldable feature" any pro/cons should I consider?
Any better alternative?

Thank you :)

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Velospace if you don't need the folding option and have space for storing it (it's big). Velospace has (1.) more space between bikes and (2.) bigger U-frame for fastening bikes. Especially number two makes life (a lot) easier.

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
I have the velospace, essential if carrying modern mtbs with boost spacing. Works very well.

Now, it’s doesn’t have all the folding doohickeys of the easy fold, but the main vertical frame element does fold flat so I store it flat against the wall of the garage - really doesn’t take up much space.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
So long wheelbase bikes fit ok on these? My XL KSL hangs off most bike racks

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
So long wheelbase bikes fit ok on these? My XL KSL hangs off most bike racks
Our Buzzrack e-Scorpion 2 easily carries two eBikes, and XL fits no probs. Very well made and a sensible price.

Reactions: Dax

ritzusan

Mar 29, 2023
Italy
I finally bought the Velospace XT3 and my bikes fit very well on it. The wheel strings are a little bit short though. I can lock them but it's not easy. I will probably replace them with the longer version. The only thing it's not working are the clamps. I can't hear the "click". I tried to thight them on a iron tube at the limit but no click. Is there any particular way to thight them?

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
I finally bought the Velospace XT3 and my bikes fit very well on it. The wheel strings are a little bit short though. I can lock them but it's not easy. I will probably replace them with the longer version. The only thing it's not working are the clamps. I can't hear the "click". I tried to thight them on a iron tube at the limit but no click. Is there any particular way to thight them?
I'm surprised you didn't look at the rack that i have this come from Italy take it your in Italy
I

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles