Threlkeld 9.4.22.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I’ve just invested in that exact setup after running out of battery twice around the 15 mile mark. I am a big guy and was riding steep technical terrain in cold weather, but still wanted more range than that (after all, that’s one of the main reasons I bought an eMTB).

On a Ride in the Cheviots with @The Hodge I managed only 16 mile range in cold wet and windy conditions….
Battery replaced under warranty!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
The thought did cross my mind 🤣..however upon reflection it occurred to me that while I've done that route many times on a normal mtb ..the only time ( twice) I have done that route on an ebike has been to start at Mosedale ..a much shorter version which omits the climb ( and return) from Threlkeld ..oops 😳..
What is now more concerning is am I beginning to lose my marbles ..😲

Right is left, right left or right 😅🤣

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
Speed has nothing to do with it Colin ..tour mode has always been my " default" setting ..and having previously ridden that route with juice left in the tank ..it was more to do with the conditions of the day ..windy/ freezing cold and muddy..
I wasn't alone in having battery concerns as both Phil and Steve conserved what they had left by switching off completely when mine went suddenly ( the last bar for the first time ever gave very little range at all ) except on the steepest of climbs ..and finished with very little left in the tank .
I'm usually spot on in terms of estimating " range" and have done longer rides with more height gain than this without having to resort to eco ..and it not like I'm using emtb or turbo ...but a 34 mile ride with 3400ft of climbing is pretty close to maximum range even on a warm day .
@RsGaz ..if you felt the weight of my back pack you would maybe understand why carrying a second battery is a complete non starter....
But thank you both for your suggestions 😉
We also had 700 batteries.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles