Thoughts on the Niner RIP e9? Worth the buy?

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Tested out emtb’s for the first time today after wanting one for a long ass time. This was my first time ever pedaling an ebike. I immediately fell in love. As someone who hates climbs I know for a fact I will ride much more on an ebike and am finally in a place where I can dish out the money for one.

the bikes I tested today were the specialized turbo levo, Mondraker Level and the Niner WFO e9. The bike I liked the best was the Niner. Shop only had a demo bike that they were willing to sell me at a discount, but told me they have RIP e9’s coming in and are offering a $300 discount for preorders. So while it has less travel the the WFO, components are about the same and it has an air shock instead of the coil.

Ive been comparing direct to consumer brands and was looking at the commencal meta power, orbea fs ride and used turbo levos. The commencal was the one I was leaning towards the most but is back ordered a whole year. Plus Purchasing through a shop seems to have a lot of pros vs direct consumer especially when dealing with potential ebike warranties so I am leaning towards that option.

about the bike, will I miss the extra travel of a bigger enduro ebike? I ride a 140/160 trail bike now. Geometry is pretty average and not too progressive, but better than leading brands like the turbo levo. The Bosch motor was friggin amazing. And I prefer aluminum as well. Specs are decent for the price and will likely swap the SX Eagle with the GX on my current bike and wheels.

Anyone have any experience with this bike? Looking for some long term ownership feedback. I think I’m going to pull the trigger but since it is a big commitment, I want to make sure I am making the right choice especially being my first ebike. The plus side this bike will be in my hands in about a months time which is great considering the bike market right now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles