Thok MIG

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Thok, that's northern for f*ck innit. ?
Can't make my mind up if I like it or not but I would definitely have the black over the red and at least you can fit a bottle cage with the battery on the underside.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Thok, that's northern for f*ck innit. ?
Can't make my mind up if I like it or not but I would definitely have the black over the red and at least you can fit a bottle cage with the battery on the underside.

They have group meets in Italy called ‘thockers’ ? but they get the translation. All good fun ?

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Took a ride out to Leeds urban bike park at the weekend. The place has been open a while but they have only just finished phase 2 which is far better than the first phase. If anyone local has already been and was disappointed by the first phase I can assure you it’s much improved! They’ve built a nice progressive red loop which is mainly rollers and a few tables / hips. Similar style to Parkwood and Lady Cannings but I’d say a better place for a session than they are. There’s no fire road climbs, all the climbing is ‘uphill flow’ so perfect for us ebikers! Pic below is next to the quarry section which has black features (drops off, step ups)
View attachment 4759
I live half hour from Leeds so I'll deffo be trying out that. Just ordered my first ebike on fri from Commencal. Can't wait for it landing.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Nice bike , I see the Ducati version here somwhere too , that looked pretty good Not sure about the claims of lower c of g with the battery, But it’s different and looks ok ,and if a bottle cage can fit that’s always a bonus . certainly looks better than most of the fat tubed awkward looking integrated designs out there .
I see the new Scott bikes have the shimano motor , so I guess they have been able to make some geometry changes and update bikes .

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
I live half hour from Leeds so I'll deffo be trying out that. Just ordered my first ebike on fri from Commencal. Can't wait for it landing.

Awesome! We’ve just had a group outing there so maybe next time we go you can join us ? there’s a thread on here for it in the ride out section.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Nice bike , I see the Ducati version here somwhere too , that looked pretty good Not sure about the claims of lower c of g with the battery, But it’s different and looks ok ,and if a bottle cage can fit that’s always a bonus . certainly looks better than most of the fat tubed awkward looking integrated designs out there .
I see the new Scott bikes have the shimano motor , so I guess they have been able to make some geometry changes and update bikes .

Yeah it’s just good to see manufacturers playing around with the integration and geometry I think. Emtb is still pretty new and there’s lots of evolution to come yet ?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I was on this weekends Rideout at Leeds bike park with myskovon and we did a bike swap for a run , I’ve got to say this bike rides sweet , I felt comfortable and straight at home on it from the get go. Also it’s the first time I’ve rode a bike with this motor and I was well impressed especially hitting over 15mph no drag or treacle effect..
I must have been comfortable with this bike because I even did the black run drop off and step up jump and it handled it with ease.
Over all I was very impressed with this bike and you certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if you purchased one , big thumbs up to thok on a great bike.
And cheers myskovon for letting me have a blast on it ??

Last edited:

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
@Krisj 5 mins into riding it and sends it off the biggest feature there! What a dude ?

Got no excuses now for not getting some proper air time like you did on it! ?

Kiwi73

Dec 15, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I just took a Mig-R for a test ride today. So impressed with how it rides. Like @Krisj said; you hop on it and it just feels right and comfortable.
Definitely top of my list for my new emtb so far.
I love the look of it.
I love how it handles.
Mostly I love how I don't have worry about climbing hills :D

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
they had their short travel version on for an introductory price of 2700 euros. I was going to buy one but snoozed and loozed as the price has now gone up.
bugger!!

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
they had their short travel version on for an introductory price of 2700 euros. I was going to buy one but snoozed and loozed as the price has now gone up.
bugger!!

Was it that low to begin with! Wow! Thought it was still a decent price on the current intro offer that still stands at under £3k

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
now the canyon neuron ON is just a touch cheaper and to be honest, it has better spec and 130mm travel as opposed to 120mm.
I think 130mm is the sweet spot for what I want but I do like the Thok very much and I could have upped the suspension on that I guess

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Yeah, depends how quick you want it too as Thok will be there almost immediately and Canyon, well....not so quick...the rear hub had a warranty issue on mine and I messaged them on Sunday about it. 8.20am on Monday it was posted from Italy and I’ve had a notification it’s been delivered today! Can’t beat that service ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
E92E8195-94DE-4128-8237-381A2F98FDA7.jpeg

Spengle have recently hooked me up with a pair of their carbon wheels, I’ll get a review on as soon as I’ve given them a proper bit of mileage ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Wow, awesome look with those wheels! What size and weight? Tire width?

They came with 2.35 nobby nics but I’m swapping them for something bigger and I’ve never rated the NN if I’m honest either. Thinking magic Mary or Maxxis Shorty up front, not decided on rear yet. I’ve not weighed them yet as they came with full trimmings, next time I take cassette and discs off I’ll see what they weigh because I can’t find a published weight. They are quite open about them not being the lightest carbon wheels but do claim to be up there with the strongest

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Cool looking wheels but i would worry about branches getting trapped in between the spoke and the frame

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I kinda like the look of the wheels, they seem to go with the bike somehow. Maybe it's cos they got the red decals on them but yeah I'm in the love marmite camp.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I like the black cover and the original wheels ?
The bike is a stunner.
I'm afraid I think the wheels look absolutely ?
Each to there own.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Nice bike Alex, been looking at these myself. What size is yours and what weight is it?
Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike! Mines a Large, and I’m 5’11”. I think the one Rob currently has for a review is an XL.
22kg I think but don’t quote me on that.

T.A.

Jul 9, 2019
Germany
Yes
Nice bike Alex, been looking at these myself. What size is yours and what weight is it?
Cheers, Mike
Hey Mike, I also have a large and I am at 1,78m. Weight I can't confirm since I do have some custom parts on it.

(y)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles