The guitar thread...

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I'm assuming that this is the right place, like a "general" place, if not, please move.
Anyway... I joined just the other day, and almost immediately found other guitar nuts just like me!
So... here is the place to yak, discuss, show pics and generally have fun talking about your "other" hobby!
Yup... guitars, amps, pedals, gear, and all things band and/or player.:cool:

I'll go first. I'm a PRS nut/toady. Got introduced to Paul Reed Smith stuff at a Dweezil Zappa band camp in New York in 2010.
Back then, I was looking for something to replace my aging Yamaha Pacifica HSS Strat clone. Something like a EC Strat maybe. There were cases and cases of open PRS core guitars around the place. I had never seen them before, and they were jaw dropping amazing. I played a few, and couldn't get them out of my mind.
When I was at the last night of the Dweezil camp I won a guitar! Holy crap!
It was an entry level PRS SE ONE. Here I am getting it handed to me by Dweezil.

And here's the sig I asked for...

Anyway... That set me off into the world Of PRS.

Now I want to see what pics and stories you guys have!
Anything goes!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
J Mascis is my major influence
So I own both of his signature guitars
3A1CCA9C-0DAD-448A-9477-2E7C556A29B1.jpeg

The Jazzmaster is my favorite shape so I had this guitar custom made by a friend of who owns McFeely Custom Guitars. It uses Lace Sensor Nitro Hemi humbuckers and was dubbed the 426 Hemi because of the pick ups and my love of muscle cars.
8E46A2DC-913F-4DC3-BAF9-1A3657249751.jpeg

And then a couple years ago I almost lost my fingers on my fretting hand. Which ala Tony Iommi I am relearning to play.
68BADC8E-C3BF-423B-850B-EFB7536C5517.jpeg

Which added a whole other dimension to my slide playing.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Oh man... Al, that's brutal (the finger damage)! Still got those metal finger covers? Prolly still good for slide, am I right?
Don't hit me... at least not the face...
Doesn't Mascis play drums too? Dude is multitalented.
Jazzmasters and Jags are super cool looking.
Tell me about the body woods, and the neck and fretboard. Freakin' cool closeup of the CarpAmp too.
Where is @Carp to spill the beans?!!???

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Oh man... Al, that's brutal (the finger damage)! Still got those metal finger covers? Prolly still good for slide, am I right?
Don't hit me... at least not the face...
Doesn't Mascis play drums too? Dude is multitalented.
Jazzmasters and Jags are super cool looking.
Tell me about the body woods, and the neck and fretboard. Freakin' cool closeup of the CarpAmp too.
Where is @Carp to spill the beans?!!???
Honesty I don’t remember what wood was used. My guitar teacher got the first McFeely and I said make the neck slightly bigger for my big hands. It has that chrome button that’s a kill switch

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Super cool!!!
"Can't Explain"!!!
Mark can play, and that is one very cool axe. Looks killer too!
I've never tried a kill switch, the best I got is being animated on the volume pot. Lol!

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Here's my latest acquisition, a 2018 PRS Silver Sky. It's one of the first 500 made with the hard case/plaque.

Nice fretboard

Flamey maple neck

Reversed headstocko_O

I can't stop playing this thing. The pups are wonderful, and it plays like butter!

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Here's my latest acquisition, a 2018 PRS Silver Sky. It's one of the first 500 made with the hard case/plaque.

Nice fretboard

Flamey maple neck

Reversed headstocko_O

I can't stop playing this thing. The pups are wonderful, and it plays like butter!

That maple neck though Dave! Stunner. Good score mate

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
I own 18 guitars, mostly of the heavy metal kind. (though the collection includes 3 classicals and a bass too).

It's my biggest passion. Current favourite is my white Jackson Kelly Pro - Japan made. I'll post some pics when I have time.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Nice harem!
How do you like the Blackstar?
My lead player is thinking about a Club 40.

I love it, i've been a Marshall man for a long long time but took a punt on the Backstar and it's everything I need. I would recommend the Club 40 every day.

Saying that, I'm looking at the PRS MT15 head, just not sure it'll cut through the mix of the band, but as you know it's getting rave reviews on the forum.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I love it, i've been a Marshall man for a long long time but took a punt on the Backstar and it's everything I need. I would recommend the Club 40 every day.

Saying that, I'm looking at the PRS MT15 head, just not sure it'll cut through the mix of the band, but as you know it's getting rave reviews on the forum.
A couple of players are saying the MT15 works in a band situation fine, but everyone is different, and the cab choice would matter a lot too I suppose.
Do you have a shop near you to try one? Almost no PRS around me here in Vancouver, surprisingly.
Will keep my eye out for a Club 40.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
A couple of players are saying the MT15 works in a band situation fine, but everyone is different, and the cab choice would matter a lot too I suppose.
Do you have a shop near you to try one? Almost no PRS around me here in Vancouver, surprisingly.
Will keep my eye out for a Club 40.

Yeh it sounds like it is a 50W in disguise haha. I'll get around to trying one sometime soon, once I get over buying the Kenevo :eek:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles